Intricon is a medical device manufacturer is committed to satisfying the needs of our stakeholders by providing products that, through continual improvement, meet requirements, are delivered on time, and provide superior market value through continuous margin improvements. All employees are responsible and accountable to perform their duties to the quality standards of the company and maintain the effectiveness of our quality management system.
The Manufacturing Engineer II is responsible for creating, monitoring, and improving manufacturing processes to ensure processes meet productivity, cost, quality, and delivery requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing equipment, tooling, and processes.
2. Provides training on production processes to lead operators.
3. Develops labor standards, space requirements, workflow, and designs layout of equipment for maximum efficiency.
4. Estimates production times, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
5. Confers with engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities and other considerations to facilitate efficient production processes.
6. Collaborates with customer and internal engineers concerning product design to develop efficient production methods.
7. Confers with vendors to determine equipment specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates equipment according to specifications and quality standards.
8. Performs verification and validation (IQ, OQ, PQ, FMEA), of product processes and designs.
9. Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
10. Communicates significant issues or developments and develops recommendations for process improvement with department members.
11. Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
12. Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
13. Evaluates yield, OEE, or applicable metric and responds to the data to improve the state of the process.
14. Investigates Non-Conforming Material, determines the root cause, and dispositions the material with assistance from the manufacturing team.
15. Prepares documents for Engineering Change Orders.
16. Other duties may be assigned.
Working Through Others/Interpersonal Relationships
– Interacts with others in their department and across departments.
– Understands the various organizational functional areas (ie. manufacturing, quality, design, planning, sales and marketing).
– Expands a network of resources.
· Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, biomedical engineering, physics or similar field of study or equivalent experience.
· 0-2 years engineering experience; medical device experience preferred. Or advanced degree with 0 years of experience.
· Strong verbal and technical writing skills.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Able to work independently.
· Strong personal, interpersonal and communication skills.
Benefits of Employment
We offer our full-time employees a full benefits package that includes: Vacation, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Life, 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability and Flexible Benefit Plan.
Intricon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Types: Internship, Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person