Amphenol Interconnect Products Corp. is a premier provider of integrated worldwide custom Power
Solutions and Cable Assembly. Headquartered in Endicott, NY, the company is a division of Amphenol
Corporation, a Fortune 500 company with over seventy years of experience in providing total interconnect solutions to customers throughout the world.
We are currently seeking a highly driven individual to fill the entry level position of Design/Project
Engineer - Power Busbar. This position plans and performs engineering assignments associated with design and manufacture of power busbars and cable assemblies. It establishes design criteria and participates in design reviews. The Design/Project Engineer provides analytical, design support as well as helps in the development of process detail, and quality plans for Manufacturing, Suppliers and Quality
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with Sales/Customers to establish product requirements
- Analyze and determine cost objectives of projects. Complete proposals on custom power busbars and cable assemblies.
- Provide technical support for the development phase of new design projects.
- Provide technical support for Prototype projects.
- Interact with Manufacturing Engineering to determine methods and tooling required for new projects. Support Manufacturing with the implementation of these methods and the use of required tooling.
- Provide continuous support to Manufacturing on assigned product lines.
- Develop qualification test requirements for power busbar and cable assembly products.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance in determining the reliability requirements of power busbar and cable assembly products.
- Provide Engineering documentation required to support assigned product lines.
- Assist Purchasing in technical communications with Suppliers.
- Understand and follow applicable Company practices, policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering. Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and
Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering is a plus.
- Working knowledge and application of principles and techniques commonly employed in the design and manufacture of power busbars and cable assemblies and related interconnect componentry.
- Working knowledge of how the designed solutions may be used and help in developing the qualification tests and reliability parameters.
- An understanding of sheet metal fabrication is desirable.
- Familiar with the processes (laminating, stamping, plating, etc.) to manufacture power busbars and cable assemblies and related products is a plus.
- Must be able to work with a high degree of accuracy under pressure and with frequent interruptions.
- Must have a working knowledge of personal computers, SolidWorks or similar CAD Software, and analytical/modeling/simulation software such as COMSOL or similar software.
- Must possess strong diplomacy and problem solving skills.
- Must have a good understanding of Geometric Dimensioning Tolerancing per ANSI standards.
- Must be able to work with suppliers and communicate design concerns and parameters.
- Must be familiar with agency certification requirements.
The candidate must be able to legally work in the United States, as we are unable to provide sponsorship.
Amphenol is a proud Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Endicott, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person