Divergent is on a mission to democratize the design and manufacture of vehicles. We want to enable a future where small entrepreneurial teams across the globe will bring increasingly material and energy efficient transportation solutions to market with a fraction of the capital and time.
Divergent has invented a complete manufacturing solution to address system level challenges. The Divergent Adaptive Production System (DAPS) is a complete software hardware solution designed to replace traditional vehicle manufacturing. To make the complex simple, it is a complete modular digital factory for complex structures. Given a set of digital requirements as input, the machine automatically computationally engineers, additively manufactures, and assembles any complex structure. The system is able to move seamlessly between manufacturing different vehicle models.
Purpose of Job
Divergent is a technology company, based in Los Angeles, on a mission to revolutionize manufacturing with its proprietary Divergent Adaptive Production System. We automate the design, manufacture, and assembly of complex structures using non-design specific software, additive manufacturing, and robotic assembly. We actively work with major OEMS and customers globally, addressing the automotive, aerospace, aviation, transportation, and agricultural industries.
The Structures Engineering Department serves as the core point of contact for Design and Development of structural vehicles and components. As the Engineering CAD Drafter, you will support creating detail 2D drawings for component and assembly level structures. You will work cross-functionally with Program Management, AM Automation, Machining, and Assembly teams. In this role, you will interface directly with Structures Engineers. This role will report to the Structures Program Manager.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented, hands-on, and able to respond quickly in a fast-moving environment. We value leadership skills and those who conduct all activities with the highest of integrity.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Standards
- Work with engineers to create and update 2D drawings from existing 3D models, applying established drawing specifications and standards
- Create engineering release forms and track the release
- Work closely with engineering procurement, development & project teams to resolve documentation issues during product development
- Update details of templates and drawing notes to have the latest information on the drawing
- Collaborate with other engineers and designers to ensure the successful completion of projects and provide technical support and guidance to other team members
- 3+ years of working experience with drafting in CAD software
- Associate's degree, certificate or diploma in computer aided drafting technologies or similar work experience
Familiarity with the application and interpretation of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) as prescribed by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME Y14.5M 2009 standard.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with 3D modeling and 2D drawing creation
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and organization skills required
- Must be available to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to support critical milestones or operations shifts
- Adhere to all Statutory and Regulatory Requirements 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S
Divergent is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Our positions adhere to all statutory and regulatory requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
No agencies, no solicitations, and no calls please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.