Software Engineer in Test (Functional Test Development & Automation)
Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for a Software Engineer, Specialized in Functional Test Development and Automation supporting Cloud Based Software Solutions, including API development, batch processes, and data storage to work in Durham, NC!
We build APIs and Digital capabilities that support Fidelity’s large-scale digital presence. You will help us device test strategy, perform testing, create automation suites, create and maintain pipelines along with and if needed develop re-usable APIs that focus on customer experience needs and optimize quality and deployment practices. You’ll contribute to the entire development lifecycle from concept to deployment as a member of an agile, cross-functional team. You will have the opportunity to share your technical knowledge to help strengthen our engineering community and further pursue your own learning of new technologies and platforms. You'll have the opportunity to contribute ideas to improve our products as well as develop your skills, learn new technologies and languages, and continue to learn. We're looking for highly motivated individuals who work well in a collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment and have a passion for releasing high quality software through iterative software development practices.
- A bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- 7+ years of proven hands on software development cycle, unit and functional test automation experience in Java, Web services, Cloud Services Integration and API
- Hands on experience in any Java based test framework experience like Junit, Mockito, Spring Test and RestAssure preferred
- Hands on experience in cloud computing environments (AWS) and applications
- Strong experience with SQL (queries, grouping, joins)
- Ability to grasp application functionalities quickly and thoroughly and create functional use cases
- Hands on experience with Unit Integration and Functional test
- DevSecOps automation experience
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Delivery tools like Jenkins, Maven, uDeploy, Stash and Docker
- Experience with Business-Driven Development is a plus
- Deep understanding of API design, including versioning, isolation, and micro-services
- Experience in working with relational and NoSQL database management systems
- Experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban, SCRUM)
- Excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams in the organization globally
- Experience with Service Virtualization for performance testing
- Ability to adapt to different work styles on both communication and presentation
- Ability to disagree effectively and respectfully, and have constructive debate with partners
- Ability to build the test framework and lead best practices across squads
The Engineering Efficiency and Assurance (EE&A) chapter resides in the Personal Investment (PI) business unit of Fidelity Investments. The chapter consists of over 245 multi-stacked engineers with a passion around customer experience and with the engineering tool set to solve challenges including: Automated testing, performance testing, chaos testing, application cloud migration and management, CI / CD implementation, security testing and application development. The chapter’s support spans across all of PI and provides subject matter experts to squads who develop products with the highest customer quality, security, stability, and experience. This role will directly support the Contributory Savings Platform (529/ABLE Accounts) within PI with a specific focus on API, Cloud based Batch Solutions, and back-end (Dynamo / Postgres DB) testing and development, understanding and analyzing system data, and supporting AWS migration efforts.
Safety is our top priority. Once we can be together in person with fewer safety measures, this role will follow our dynamic working approach. You’ll be spending some of your time onsite depending on the nature and needs of your role.
Our aim is to combine the best of working offsite with coming together in person. For most teams this means a consistent balance of working from home and office that supports the needs of your role, experience level, and working style.
Your success and growth is important to us, so you’ll want to enjoy the benefits of coming together in person – face to face learning and training, quality time with your manager and teammates, building your career network, making friends, and taking full advantage of cultural and social experiences Fidelity provides for you.
Fidelity TalentSource is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s supportive and collaborative culture while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. Apply today at FTSJobs.com.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, please contact our HR team at HR@ ftsjobs.com.
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.