Tessy Automation, located in Meadville, PA, provides specialized custom precision industrial automation for assembly, inspection, testing, material handling and manufacturing process applications.
We are currently looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to join our talented team!
Check out our video on our company page under "About Tessy" to find out from our employees why you should join Tessy Automation!!
The Electrical Design Engineer will design, troubleshoot, and assist with startup of electrical, pneumatic, and control systems for specialized automation machines.
- Review sales, time and material budget, and engineering information with appropriate project team members.
- Using input from sales estimate, production requirements, and customer requirements, work collaboratively with project team members to define suitable system architectures for custom automation equipment.
- Work collaboratively with department members to assist with the creation of software applications and configuration files for all programmable devices within the architecture.
- Assist shop personnel in checking or trouble shooting equipment as required.
Essential Position Competencies:
Dealing with Ambiguity
Operating effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear.
Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Can see hidden problems.
Secures and deploys resources effectively and efficiently.
Ability and desire to participate in training, both internal and external. Able to learn new technology and skills quickly.
Uses his or her time effectively and efficiently. Concentrates efforts on more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others.
Required Education and Experience:
A good understanding of AutoCAD Electrical, including its reporting capabilities.
2-year technical degree and 3 years of progressive automation engineering related experience or 5 years of automation controls design experience
Familiarity with electrical safety circuits, operator interface configuration, motion control and robotic safety interfaces.
Advanced Microsoft 365 experience
Knowledge of electrical equipment, components, instruments, and systems, including their design, installation, testing, uses, repair, or maintenance
Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
Tessy Automation offers a generous compensation and 401k match.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person