Senior Production Engineer
- Managing and directing a team of engineers to ensure the achievement of the
- company goals of increasing labor productivity by implementing the installation of
- automated systems for dry powder cartridge filling, warehousing process and
- company facilities.
- Performing the improvement of dry powder cartridge filling, warehousing process
- systems and company facilities to achieve the company goal. Implementing the
- installation of new facilities, new equipment and new method.
- Developing project plans and coordinating with the vendors and implementing the
- project on time.
- Performing troubleshooting of all filling, warehousing process and company facility
- issues and developing and implementing corrective action. Troubleshooting includes
- root cause analysis by using 5 why analysis and FTA and corrective action includes
- temporary solutions and permanent fixes.
- Coordinating and implementing new product developments, setting requirement and
- meeting quality & product deadlines.
- Creating the required document in order to propose and get approval of mass production
- from the overseas factory. Overseeing overall progress and schedule of starting new
- Supporting training and instruction of technical matters for new products.
- Initiating and implementing the changes of production process and advance production
- technology to improve productivity and reduce manufacturing costs.
- Supporting the management of the production, quality and other departments by overseeing
- and guiding technical and quality related activity in order to meet the Company’s goal.
- Reviewing the engineering status monthly basis.
- Demonstrating leadership, team building skills, including performance management.
- Setting clear team goals, delegating tasks and setting deadlines, discovering training needs
- and provide coaching.
- Assisting in developing budgetary management requirements and recommendations.
- Creating an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Science or Engineering or equivalent ability.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing is required
- Demonstrated experience as a leader with 3+ years of supervisory responsibilities
- Experience with wiring/cabling/grounding/shielding and wire gauge/terminations
- Experience with mechanical and electrical installation of machinery
- Strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems. Great problem-solving abilities, with
- knowledge of process improvement tools and skills
- Effective planning, organization, time management, and problem-solving including root
- cause analysis by using 5 why analysis, FTA and developing temporary and permanent
- solutions and implementing corrective action with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize
- work, and deliver quality results
- Self-starter who sets aggressive goals and consistently gets results
- Effective resource management and project management skills
- Proficient in collecting, analyzing, and presenting data
- Familiar with IT system architecture
- Identifying areas of cost savings and productivity improvements
- Coach, mentor, and motivate others to meet the organization's vision, commitment, and
- goals while fostering positive and constructive feedback, recognition, leadership, and
- personal and professional development
- Ability to understand UL and NFPA standards as applicable to systems integrations
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrated ability in developing and delivering
- complex business and technical presentations for upper management, including assessing
- ROI or Cost/Benefit analyses
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Training in the Quality and Environmental ISO standards.
- 5S experience, and continuous process improvement experience
- Familiarity with industrial machinery design & related NEC NFPA code
- English-Japanese bilingual is preferred but not essential
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders, walks and crawls through limited space.
- Near acuity and color vision required (alarms located in the plant).
- Person must be able to wear a respirator (PPE).
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements:
- To ensure the health and safety in the workplace and for the protection of our employees,
- wearing PPE is a requirement for some roles at our facility and may include equipment such as
- ear plugs, ESD shoes, gloves, face mask, safety glasses and a respirator.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Manufacturing facility
All employees are required to wear a face covering in the facility. Temperature and disinfecting systems at all entry points. Internal cleaning procedures are in place throughout the facility.
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person