- Analysis skills
- Communication skills
- Process engineering
- Professional Engineer
Position will be filled at Senior or Staff level
Assures site drawdown readiness through systems engineering analysis.
1. Analysis of site hydraulic issues that pertain to the site.
2. Conducts model analyses to determine vapor pressure impacts on crude oil movements.
3. Provides technical input to cavern/equipment selection during drawdown.
4. Assesses process system risks to ensure maintained within acceptable criteria.
5. Analyzes system rotating equipment performance.
6. Analyzes equipment or system failures and prepares Failure Analysis Reports.
Maintains the technical baseline and the SPR design basis.
1. Functions as owner and makes revisions to the site Mechanical Operations Manuals.
2. Functions as owner and makes revisions to the site P&IDs.
3. Reviews and approves all site process changes.
4. Operates and maintains site models for hydraulics, vapor pressure, and other appropriate models.
5. Prepares and sponsors Engineering Change Proposals.
Customer systems engineering support.
1. Supports DOE Systems and Projects engineering by performing operational systems engineering analyses and studies for DOE.
2. Provides day-to-day site systems engineering support.
3. Provides systems engineering support to all directorates.
1. Provides process engineering oriented design review to system changes.
2. Provides system readiness feedback to readiness review for drawdown.
3. Prepares test plans for new equipment or systems and participates in testing and acceptance.
Job Opening and Closing Dates
3/09/2023 - 6/07/2023
REQUIRED: Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 3-7 years of progressive engineering experience in oil/gas production/processing, petrochemical industry and /or plant engineering. Candidates must have demonstrated experience in conducting complex mechanical engineering analysis as the position serves as a ?technical expert? in a designated engineering function and may serve as a technical lead on team projects. Strong written and oral communication skills required to develop presentations, analytical reports, technical correspondence, and be a team lead.
DESIRED: Professional Engineer with experience in the chemical or petroleum industries in process engineering. Experience with design and operation of heat exchangers, process piping, valves, pipeline systems and pumping equipment.
Experience with HYSYS, UNISIM or similar process simulation software.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES: Preference is given to candidates who hold an LA or TX Professional Engineer license.