We are looking for highly self-motivated individuals to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and bias for action. Seeking individuals who require little to no oversight and who are experienced at collecting and synthesizing quantitative and qualitative information from multiple stakeholders and translating data. Must present and have a track record of successful enterprise-wide project management, ideally able to both start from scratch and build on others’ work to improve existing frameworks and tools.
Aerospace Systems Engineer supporting the development and implementation of aerospace projects. We are seeking a motivated Systems Engineer to collaborate with multiple departments to generate and support a new project. This includes skilled management of the development and administration of appropriate standards and tools for systems engineering disciplines including systems architecture, systems integration, trade studies, requirements development and decomposition, verification approaches, configuration management, gated reviews, systems safety, and technical performance metric management.
· Champion technical processes, best practices and tool development for system engineering and product development including requirements capture and flow-down, preliminary design, critical design, product realization, design verification testing, system integration, qualification, certification, delivery, and operations.
· Establish, monitor, document and improve processes specific to systems engineering.
· Act as the negotiator between multiple and sometimes conflicting interests in order to make sure the organization as a whole is optimized.
· Represent the Systems Engineering team in technical reviews and failure investigations.
· Develop strategies and approaches for specialty engineering (operability, reliability, maintainability, supportability) integration, analysis, and verification.
· Experience managing process/tool improvement projects, including requirements, priorities, scope, schedule, and cost.
· Strong understanding of safety-critical systems development (aerospace).
· B.S. degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace engineering or other technical field.
· 5+ years of systems development, project management experience, and/or process improvement experience.
· Highly knowledgeable of systems engineering practices, integration processes, and mission/safety critical systems.
· Demonstrated track record of resourcefulness and success from previous assignments and working with interdisciplinary and cross-functional teams.
· Masters degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace engineering or other technical field.
· Experience with product lifecycle management (PLM) and/or data management tools such as Windchill.
· Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering and tools such as Cameo or NoMagic
· Experience with collaboration tools such as Confluence and JIRA
· Experience with requirements development/management tools such as DOORS, DOORS Next Gen
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Temporary
Pay: $55.00 - $70.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Do you have aerospace mechanical / Hydraulic / fuel systems knowledge?
- Do you have 5+ years of systems development, project management experience, and/or process improvement experience?
- Do you have a B.S. degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace engineering or other technical field?
- Do you have experience with product lifecycle management (PLM) and/or data management tools such as Windchill?
- Do you have experience with collaboration tools such as Confluence and JIRA?
Work Location: Remote