Our Staff Engineer provides support of detailed design and activities related to the preparation of plans, specifications, reports, and other documents for engineering projects within prescribed time frames and funding parameters by performing the following duties. Typical advancement is based on the quality of performance of essential duties and responsibilities. Discretionary advancement is based on employee’s demonstrated ability and accomplishments. This role may indirectly supervise other engineers within the department, as well as providing guidance to technicians and designers.
Why work with DMA??
- Minority-Owned Business Enterprise
- Every-other Friday OFF
- Hybrid schedule & flexibility
- 80% employer paid health benefits
- 401(k) Option
- Paid Parental Leave
- Family-first” company culture
- Plus, more!!
- Prepares civil engineering plans utilizing AutoCAD/Revit or similar design platforms.
- Assists in production of final construction drawings, details, and specifications
- Prepares reports and calculations based on assigned project(s) including assessments, analysis, opinions of cost and other key components
- Assists project managers as requested.
- Assists with client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Works closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Attends client and public meetings as needed
- Participates in business development efforts as requested.
- Provide technical oversight for the Department
- Provide direction to Project Managers and senior project staff to ascertain coordination, completeness, and accuracy of critical technical requirements
- Demonstrate the potential or ability to lead technical efforts as part of the overall design process
- Follow and abide by the DMA employee and safety manuals
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Be detail oriented, versatile, and enthusiastic
- Exhibit flexibility to work on multiple projects and react to changing client and company expectations
- Ability to take direction and function independently with limited supervision
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Capable of multi-tasking on a wide range of projects of varying size and complexity
- Participate and become an active part of the project and division team through active listening & open communication
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to resolve complex technical issues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, etc.) and Document Control Management Software
- Track and document individual labor costs and monitor budgetary costs associated with work
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Revit or comparable software.
- Proficiency in Bluebeam or equivalent document management software
- Ability to perform basic design calculations, figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to read and interpret plans, sketches, and specifications
- Ability to make basic design decisions based on technical experience
- Ability to effectively present information to project managers, clients, and multi-disciplined design teams through verbal communication, technical reports, memos, or other project correspondence
- Capable of being assigned complicated projects from new and existing clients and performing all design tasks with no supervision if necessary
Education & Experience
- Holds a bachelor’s degree or equivalent education from a 4-year college or university in the field of engineering
- Has a minimum 7 years’ experience in design, management, or construction of engineering projects
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Engineer In Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) License preferred, but not required.
- Providing evidence of pursing a FE License is desired
- Must be willing to obtain EIT/FE License within first 6 months of employment
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Able to be seated at a standard workstation for 75% or more of workday
- Able to use desktop, laptop and/or tablet computer and smart phone for 75% or more of workday
- Able to occasionally travel both locally and long distance
- Work performed with typically be in an office environment with moderate noise level
- Work may be performed remotely based on the company & Division’s in-office attendance policy
- Occasional travel to other offices or vendor/company partner/job site locations may be required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
To provide equitable employment and advancement opportunities, employment decisions at David Mason + Associates are based on merit – an alchemy of professional qualifications, demonstrated capabilities, and the ability to be innovative. We recruit and hire the best available talent regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. DMA strives to treat all employees equally with respect to compensation and opportunities for advancement.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Civil engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
- Site Design: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in St. Louis, MO 63110