SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER/ENGINEER
Are you ready to make a difference? Do you want to join a growing and dynamic company where you can take your career to the next level? Do you want to be more than just an employee? If this describes you, then keep reading!
Founded in 1964, ESCO is a full-service Electrical Construction, Electrical Engineering, and Industrial Automation/System Integration company. As a 100% Employee-Owned company, we really do own our company’s success. Founded on Integrity and doing the right thing, we put our people first. We believe that if we hire the right people and treat them the right way, the rest will take care of itself.
We strive for an Employee Experience where people want to STAY, Grow and Achieve. We hire only the best talent, put them in the right seat, give them everything they need to be successful, and watch them grow.
The Senior Project Manager/Engineer is an experienced professional position within the project management delivery structure of ESCO Automation. This position is best described as a project management resource with technical proficiency for external client project delivery for small to medium-sized scale or multiple projects. Work executed will be for multi-discipline automation teams. This position requires acquisition and mastery of project management and automation skills. Leadership and mentorship of others may be required of this role.
Background and Work Experience:
To be considered, candidates should have:
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree program in engineering from an accredited college, technical school, or university and three years or more of related work or industry experience; or a combination of equivalent education and or experience will be considered with solid evidence of success
- Experience in a project engineering or project services environment, including the following: knowledge and familiarity with project management activities including budgeting, defining and managing scope, risk management, and scheduling
- Project team leadership
- Project estimating, proposals, and working with clients during sales process
- Demonstrated proficiency with the following: electrical design, PLC ladder logic programming, HMI programming, computer programming, or commissioning
- Experience with the creation of new programming and documentation rather than maintaining systems developed by others
- Demonstrated understanding of complex electrical principles and advanced electrical troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated to be highly proficient with computer technologies including but not limited to, Windows Operating Systems, and the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrated proficiency with the use of AutoCAD Electrical
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Experience in the food, grain processing, seed, or other industrial process industries
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Project Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Manage and execute complex process control system integration projects of small to medium size and significant complexity simultaneously
- Perform project management and execute deliverables independently while adhering to scope, schedule, and budget constraints
- Manage project tools including project plans, schedules, and budgets
- Follow and maintain all established project management processes
- Prepare client bid pre-qualification packages, estimates, and proposals including the compilation of all relevant documents and materials to accompany them
- Review estimates prepared by others
- Serve as the primary point of contact with accounting on assigned projects
- Program, configure, test, and commission PLC and HMI based control systems
- Deliver technical expertise in the bid process for small to medium sized projects
- Provide quality assessments of work performed by others
- Provide guidance and training to others with less experience through mentoring and project leadership
- Work with Account Managers to help develop and execute strategies to retain and improve business with key clients
- Maintain professional client relationships
- Utilize, support, and enhance ESCO’s standards and best practices
- Understand and follow all safety, conduct, and policy requirements established by ESCO and clients
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary by management
- Self-starter that exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Willingness to take on and complete multiple project assignments quickly and efficiently
- Develops meaningful relationships to build trust
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adapts behavior to changing circumstances
- Work produced demonstrates excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent client service and teamwork skills
- Able to effectively communicate and train others in areas of expertise
Accommodate up to 25% of overnight travel for services at out-of-town client facilities. The amount of travel is largely dependent upon project scope, schedule, and assigned tasks.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, and vibration
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and extreme heat
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be exposed to very loud areas
**All necessary personal protective equipment is provided to meet and, in some instances, exceed OSHA Regulations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
For all ESCO Group campuses we follow CDC requirements. We do not have a mask mandate at this time, but invite people to wear a mask if they so choose. We follow all client requirements when onsite and/or in a client facility.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Marion, IA 52302: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Project management: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person