We are seeking a driven Electrical Hardware Engineer (R&D S&E, Electrical Engineer) to join our diverse and growing engineering teams. In this exciting and dynamic role, you may be performing a number of engineering functions, from crafting design concepts, to developing/testing actual prototypes, to guiding technology maturation efforts, and qualifying innovative fabrication and assembly techniques. You will be supporting engineering efforts across all phases of projects spanning from conceptual-design studies to full scale engineering.
On any given day, you may:
- Design electronic Printed Wiring Boards and Printed Wiring Assemblies (PWA) including analog and digital circuit design
- Conduct lab testing of electrical components, devices, subsystems and systems
- Develop the architecture of higher-level electronic subsystems and systems; including integration and testing of multiple PWAs into a subassembly
- Prepare and implement test planning, test execution, requirements derivation
- Conduct environmental testing, qualification of development and production hardware
- Participate in integration activities with other engineers and product realization teams
- Provide technical consultancy on critical design elements
- Present at technical design reviews
- Represent Sandia on multi-organizational project teams
Along with fellow engineers, you will be engaging and collaborating regularly with personnel across multiple Sandia organizations, as well as Lawrence Livermore National Laboratories, Los Alamos National Laboratories, the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA), production agencies throughout the NNSA nuclear security enterprise, and Department of Defense organizations.