Leland Powell is a leading supplier of specialty fasteners, supplying both large and small-diameter screws for multiple industries.
Why work for Elgin Fastener Group?
- Enjoy performance-based annual bonuses.
- Competitive salary based on skills & experience.
- Pay on Demand from Paylocity provides same-day pay to employees.
- Enjoy vacation and PTO (pro-rated based on the date of hire).
- Work within a small team, with a family atmosphere
- Enjoy monthly dinners, raffles, and Summer games
- We offer 80 hours of paid holidays so that you can enjoy spending time with family and friends.
What Does a Manufacturing Engineer do?
- Provide manufacturing cost savings suggestions and implementation – in the course of process/tool design, identify lowest cost alternatives.
- Provide on floor technical support to production operators.
- Manage tooling and tooling organization; design, document, solicit tool quotes, submit request for PO’s; control in-coming tooling.
- Maintains electronic and hard copy engineering documents
- Other duties/projects as required
What makes an ideal candidate?
The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter, highly adaptable, and willing to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. You should have strong communication skills and the ability to multitask effectively while meeting deadlines. You should have a passion for quality assurance, engineering, and enjoy problem-solving.
- 4-year engineering degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 3 years in manufacturing environment
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Experience with Cold Heading and Fasteners highly preferred.
- Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Our medical, dental, and vision benefits provide comprehensive coverage at affordable rates.
- Our 401(k) plan and company-paid life insurance are great ways to protect your financial future.
- Take comfort in knowing that your company provides short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Learn new skills and advance your career at the same time with company-paid tuition assistance.
- Relocation Bonus negotiable for the right candidate
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Employment Opportunity Poster
Job Type: Full-time