Job Title - Project Civil/Structural Engineer
Division - Pulp & Paper Group
Direct Report - AL Office Team Leader
Corrosion Probe, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Project Civil/Structural Engineer based out of our Mobile, AL, area office (hybrid working model - WFH & on-site). The successful candidate will provide civil/structural engineering consulting for industrial clients, which includes field structural surveys, engineering evaluations, repair planning/specifications/drawings, condition assessments, and construction support. Also required will be liaising with internal and external project team members to assist in the layout and presentation of projects.
- Employer-paid health insurance premiums, disability insurance, and 3% annual contribution (regardless of employee contribution)
- Employer provided computer, cell phone, branded apparel, and appropriate PPE.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform site structural surveys and evaluations for industrial process buildings
- Perform condition assessment of concrete and steel tanks, with a focus on those with chemical masonry construction
- Develop and execute designs for structural steel and civil project design, primarily focused on concrete and brick/tile construction
- Develop detailed specifications and drawing packages
- Assume responsibility of Lead Engineer when required
- Coordinate with other disciplines (mechanical, chemical, etc.); liaise with designers, engineers, project managers and others
- Perform technical bid evaluation leading to selection of vendors
- Provide inspection/repair/construction support at job site and respond to applicable request for information (RFI’s)
- Provide business development and client relationship development in the GA, FL, SC areas
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Currently residing in Savannah, GA area
- Degree in Civil/Structural engineering
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, AutoCAD
- 0-10 years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet project deadlines within budgeted man-hours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in non-metallic composites (modified concrete, FRP, etc.)
- PE License
- Pulp/Paper background
- Business development background
- This position includes moderate non-local travel (~25%) and occasional, short-duration assignments in industrial facilities.
Additional Beneficial Experience:
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Experience in non-metallic composites (modified concrete, FRP, thermoplastics, etc.)
- Pulp/paper and/or water/wastewater background
Candidate should display a positive attitude, self-discipline, teamwork, attention to detail, and strong organizational and management skills. Good communication skills, both oral and written, are a must. Candidates will be asked to submit examples of written technical reports and other correspondence.
- North American residents ONLY.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- CPI is a drug-free workplace. Drug-screening is a condition of employment and required regularly for work at many client sites.
Corrosion Probe, Inc. provides consulting, engineering design and technical support for structural rehabilitation, corrosion control and prevention, quality control and quality assurance (QC/QA), inspection, condition assessment, and failure analysis services to clients in the pulp & paper, chemical, pharmaceutical and municipal water and wastewater industries throughout North America.
Company Website: www.cpiengineering.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mobile, AL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Pulp/Paper: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road