Why Join Sandia’s Nuclear Deterrence programs? We develop advanced technologies to ensure global peace. Join us in our critical mission to ensure the safety, security, and reliability of our nation's nuclear deterrents!
Do you love working at Sandia but want to try something new? Early- to mid-career R&D systems engineers with an electrical engineering background will find lots of opportunities in our W80-4 Life Extension Program.
When you join our team, you will be part of a diverse, collaborative group that values individual contributions and encourages a culture of respect for all. The work is challenging, dynamic, and it will require high accuracy. This career path offers unique opportunities for responsibility and ownership over engineering functions at all levels.
Systems Engineers contribute in the following ways:
- Assist with system-level design architecture and analysis that combines component parts and subsystems into a complete functional system
- Participate in test planning to verify requirements and qualify hardware
- Collaborate on maturation of requirements for specific areas or components
- Participate in integration activities with other systems engineers and product realization teams
- Provide technical consultations on critical design elements
- Prepare for presentations at technical design reviews
- Conduct or assist with cost account management
- Represent Sandia on multi-organizational project teams
Applicants on this requisition may be interviewed by multiple organizations at Sandia National Laboratories.
Due to the nature of the work, the selected applicant must be able to work onsite 100% of the time.