Job Title: SeniorSystemsEngineer
Department: Engineering Solutions
Reports to: VP of Engineering Solutions
Locations: McKinney, Texas/Amarillo, Texas/Melbourne, Florida/Cincinnati, Ohio
Full/Part Time: Full time
Remote work authorized: No
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Effective Date: 1 July 2023
Security Clearance Req: Eligibility Required
Albers Aerospace was founded on the principles of Integrity, Commitment, & Excellence “ICE”– principles tested during the founders’ time in the military – Albers Aerospace is a coalition of business units and related entities committed to the belief that we can deliver excellence to our clients in our product offerings and services while making the lives of those we work with better. We are passionate about solving problems and enabling Warfighters to achieve all that they were created to be!
The Albers Aerospace Engineering Solutions team is pressing the state-of-the-art forward in Digital Engineering. Our approach brings integrated, digital-first techniques to the entire Systems Engineering “V”, from Enterprise & Product Line Architectures, Model-Based Systems Engineering, Document Generation, Hardware-In-The-Loop Systems Integration Labs, and Model-Based Automated Testing.
Growing rapidly, we have established ourselves as the company to solve problems, be a partner with, and make things happen. We are passionate and aggressive about getting things done!
The Systems Engineer performs architecture and systems modeling related efforts. Works with Lead Architects, Technical Leadership, and Program Management on capturing stakeholder requirements, standards, interfaces, tests, and processes then implementing modeling patterns to systems architectures, operational and systems models in support of customer efforts throughout the Systems Engineering “V”.
- May lead and direct the work of other engineers and stakeholders while acting as the Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Perform a range of design development, analysis, or review tasks under minimal supervision.
- Act as a lead on less complex tasks and responsible for a portion of a design or section of an analysis or design review.
- Generate complete design specifications of more complex projects.
- Coordinate and work closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
- Establish and maintain a filing system or databases as needed for tracking project status.
- Develop, maintain, and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
- Provide a direct interface and liaison with customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews, and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
- Conduct site visits and investigate engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
- Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
- Support development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
Note: The duties and responsibilities described on this document are not necessarily a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
- Excellent communication, organization, scheduling, and analytical skills required
- Experience with leading and training small teams
- Experience with modeling and simulation tool sets and software
- Experience in project management and familiarity with Agile methodology
- Familiarity with DevSecOps processes
- Familiarity with Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience in producing Systems Engineering Analysis reports that detail requirements analysis, analysis of alternative, system architecture and definition, and system integration and test
- Experience in risk analysis, risk management programs, and Risk Analysis Reports
- Experience in providing engineering design analysis to identify problems that may affect a component or systems performance in the field
- Familiarity with DOD Acquisition Life Cycle
- Familiarity with Defense Acquisition Guide Systems Engineering processes
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Cameo Systems Modeler, MATLAB, SIMULINK, Cameo Simulation Tool Kit, and/or Solid Works
- Strong understanding of a physical science, such as mechanical, electro-optics, RF for radars and communications, flight, or computing.
- Experience with non-traditional and accelerated acquisition methods such as Other Transaction Awards (OTA’s), Middle Tier Acquisitions, Joint Capability Technology Demonstrations (JCTD’s)
- Coding experience with Java, Groovy, or Velocity Template Language (VTL)
Education, Experience and Certifications Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related STEM discipline
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- Must be a U.S citizen. Must possess or be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Physics, Math, or Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in the field or related area
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- While primarily an office job, may require time at a manufacturing facility or other location
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- CONUS travel may be required from time to time
What We Offer:
Teammates at Albers Aerospace receive a robust benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision plans, matching 401k, 10 days of PTO the first year and 15 after that, 11 holidays, employer paid term life, AD&D, long and short-term disability, and education and certification reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Albers Aerospace will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,547.71 - $159,287.60 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person