Job Summary: Responsible for providing industrial engineering technical support and leadership in assessing, recommending, facilitating and implementing process and best practices improvements at the Amory manufacturing facility.
Provides industrial engineering support including time studies of direct/indirect labor to establish and maintain labor standards, line balancing, methods and procedures, and manufacturing cost.
Provides leadership in assessing, recommending, facilitating and implementing end-to-end process improvements for increased efficiencies and operating costs.
Provide a key role in costing and setting up of new products.
Monitors key manufacturing metrics as a guide to areas utilizing best practices and areas in need of improvement.
Benchmarks, communicates and implements best practices at the facility.
Other duties and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- Must be able to work on multi projects simultaneously.
- Capable of recognizing and capitalizing on historical trends in data for future improvement.
- Demonstrated experience in Industrial Engineering, statistics, root cause analysis, lean manufacturing methodologies and performance metrics.
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills for effective communication with all levels of organization.
- Capable of building relationships to gain support and commitment from others while promoting ideas with enthusiasm, conviction and assertiveness.
- Ability to seek win-win solutions while driving change and innovation.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to interpret a variety of technical information in mathematical and/or narrative form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be able to recognize job-performance and/or training deficiencies and incorporate sound and effective measures to address.
- Must be able to do statistical charting.
Education and Experience:
B.S. degree in Industrial Engineering required.
Minimum of two years industrial engineering experience with B.S. in Industrial Engineering or one year of industrial engineering experience with a M.S. in Industrial Engineering.
Proficient in engineering related computer systems and Microsoft Office.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Industrial Engineering: 2 years (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Only full-time employees eligible