Summary of Position
The Manufacturing Engineer role is responsible for designing, implementing, and reviewing the procedures and equipment involved in the manufacturing process. Their duties include researching automation techniques, testing new systems for efficiency, and planning factory layouts to optimize production. Maintain a continuous improvement approach through researching innovative, cost-efficient business solutions and applying lean manufacturing methodologies to drive waste from our processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing engineering, systems engineering, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, or related field
- 3 - 5 years of previous manufacturing engineering or applicable experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, fabrication methods, and tool design
- Familiarity with manufacturing equipment and quality assurance techniques, preferably injection molding, electrical assembly and/or silicone molding.
- Commitment to health and safety standards and environmental regulations
- Well-versed in relevant software (e.g. CAD, MS Office Suite)
- Ability to work well under pressure with strong leadership, communication, and teamwork skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze production processes, schedules, methods, and other data and then provide management with reports containing the data and statistics to enable management to better understand future requirements needed for the manufacturing process.
- Review and calculate labor, material, and other production costs along with reviewing schedules and future production requirements to assist management in decision making.
- Analyze and plan workflow, equipment placement, and space requirements to improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Evaluate quality control processes and make recommendations for improvements.
- Coordinate equipment maintenance and repair services and ensure manufacturer’s procedures and instructions are followed to keep production equipment operational.
- Update existing designs for manufacturability and cost savings, including management of manufacturing redline updates of engineering drawings.
- Function as a liaison between the engineering and operations departments as the first contact within the operations department for manufacturing questions and suggestions.
- Recommend and implement improvements to the production process that ensure compliance with engineering standards but improve efficiency.
- Develop custom tooling and fixtures to improve efficiency. Work with Tool Room and Maintenance personnel and outside sources, as required, to accomplish the task.
- Provide training and support to the production team on processes.
- Brainstorm and generate multiple design solutions and concepts for engineering evaluation.
- Troubleshoot design failures and provide effective solutions.
- Communicate mechanical design concepts and solutions effectively to a variety of interests (e.g. engineering, manufacturing and service personnel).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Work Environment: Office and Manufacturing Plants as needed
Atmospheric Conditions: Indoors
Temperature Extremes: None
Materials, Tools and Equipment Used: Computer, office equipment, manufacturing, measuring, and test equipment as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Manufacturing facility
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Jackson, MN 56143: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person