What we are looking for
We are looking for an energetic Entry-level Civil or Geotechnical Engineer that loves being outside and wants to learn more in the field. You will assist Project Managers on various engineering projects such in the solid waste, electric utility and environmental management industries.
How you can make an impact as an Engineer
- Perform construction observation and documentation (travel expected), including construction material sample collection, laboratory data management and surveying, while ensuring compliance with construction documents
- Coordinate work with contractors, subcontractors, laboratories, and regulators
- Perform environmental monitoring and data management
- Perform CAD drafting (Use AutoCAD and Civil 3D software to develop drawings) and/or coordinate with CAD drafters to provide design plans and figures
- Prepare calculations and report preparation for design documents
- Help with design and permitting of solid waste facilities, including landfills, transfer stations, compost facilities and material recovery facilities
- Help with coal combustion residual disposal facility design and compliance
- Prepare reports, proposals, bid documents, health & safety plans, and other documents
- Research technical data and regulations
- Pursue technical improvement for self and company
- Participate in health and safety training
- Bachelors of Science degree in Civil, Geological or Geotechnical Engineering required.
- Minimum of 3 months of relevant environmental and/or engineering internship, work and/or research experience required.
- Ability to use basic hand tools and lift/carry up to 50 pounds required
- Valid driver's license with a driving record in good standing required
Whether its reducing methane emissions at agricultural facilities and landfills, repurposing contaminated properties, producing alternative energy, or sequestering carbon, we've been focused on finding smart climate solutions and improving the natural environment since our inception over 50 years ago. Join our 100% employee-owned firm and start creating your own legacy.
As a growing firm, we offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive package, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 100% employer- funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and 401K including employer match
- Annual Bonus Program
- Student Debt Employer Contribution Program
- Paid holidays and PTO
Pay range for this position is $60k to $68k/yr depending on experience. This does not include bonuses or our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at [email protected].