Transphorm is a global semiconductor company, leading the GaN Revolution with the highest performance, highest reliability GaN devices for high voltage power conversion applications. To ensure this, Transphorm deploys its unique vertically-integrated business approach that leverages the industry’s most experienced GaN engineering team at every development stage: design, fabrication, device and application support. This approach, backed by one of the industry’s largest IP portfolios with over 1000 patents, has yielded the industry’s only JEDEC- and AEC-Q101-qualified GaN FETs. Transphorm’s innovations are moving power electronics beyond the limitations of silicon to achieve over 99% efficiency, 40% more power density and 20% lower system cost—and here’s how we do it.
Onsite location: Santa Barbara, CA, Goleta, CA or Silicon Valley, CA
Responsible for the development and design of high power (1KW-5+KW) converters using our proprietary semiconductor (GaN).Job Responsibilities:
- Leads design and analysis of high power AC-DC, DC-DC and DC-AC converters.
- Proves design concepts through a combination of simulation and physical implementation and bench testing.
- Able to design using various topologies such as Phase Shifted Full Bridge, Full Bridge LLC and Totem Pole/Bridgeless PFC converters, etc.
- Develops engineering models using EDA tools such as SPICE, MATHACD, MATLAB and SIMULINK.
- Skilled in using test equipment to capture performance data of high-power converters.
- BSEE with 3-5 years’ experience, (MSEE preferred) with specialization in Power Electronics.
- Experienced in high power thermal calculations and simulation.
- Experience and strong design knowledge of high frequency, high power magnetics such as Transformers and Inductors.
- Solid understanding of power electronics device physics, electrical parameters and device physical tradeoffs.
- Strong design knowledge of Analog Circuit design, Digital and Analog control design and use of Laplace transforms for Control loop simulation. Design for compliance to UL, IEC other EMC directives.
- Experienced in IC digital firmware development, i.e., dsPIC (MPLAB), Code Composer (C2000). Able to diligently and very safely work on scientific experiments in power conversion laboratory for power electronics product development.
- Able to provide technical mentoring to Lab Technicians and less experienced people. Able to write application notes and present at industry conferences.
The expected salary range for this position is $160,000-$180,000. This position qualifies for the following benefits package:
- Generous medical benefits
- Generous PTO plan with time off based on years of experience.
- 10 paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
This base pay range reflects the target range for this position, but individual pay will be determined by additional factors such as job-related skills, experience and relevant knowledge or training.
Transphorm is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $160,000.00 - $180,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person