VoltServer is seeking a Research Engineer to join our growing R&D team. We are seeking an individual with research experience that can help with a variety of special projects which may include data analysis, simulation design, brainstorming new ideas, reviewing technical publications, supporting technical issues, etc. Your exact background is not critical, but you will need a good ability to think critically and analyze technical data in order to be successful in this role. You should be creative with an aptitude to learn new things and an excellent team player.
- Design and implement code to compile information and present for analytical review
- Execution and management of large, automated simulations and analysis
- Define and execute experiments to test hypotheses to efficiently gain relevant knowledge
- Write technical documents to share knowledge and results
- Brainstorm and pursue new ideas collaboratively as well as independently in a research environment
- Discover research studies pertaining to evaluation of electrical safety
- Provide support for team in troubleshooting unexpected effects in the field and in development
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent experience related to computer or electrical engineering, physics, data science, mathematics; other relevant fields considered
- 2+ years of experience with electronics, physics, data science, and/or mathematics
- Strong code design and development skills, particularly for data analysis and computational physics
- Skill in working with large data sets
- Experience utilizing distributed cloud compute resources
- Experience with languages such as python, R, MATLAB, Julia, C
- Simulation experience, particularly electrical circuits using Simulink or LTSpice
- Ability to understand complex algorithms
- Proficiency in statistical analysis preferred
- Strong circuit analysis technique preferred
- Experience designing experiments, executing, and analyzing results is a plus
- Open approach towards problem-solving is a must have
- Experience with standard electronics lab equipment such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes a plus
- Excellent communication skills, especially technical writing
- Experience managing small or large projects
- Ability to coordinate work with other team members for successful project execution
- Ability to work independently, manage your own time and priorities, strong organizational skills
- Other engineering skills such as source control using git, circuit design, schematic entry, PCB design, embedded systems development, communications protocols (CAN, SPI, etc.), material engineering, quality, soldering, circuit troubleshooting, etc. are a plus
At VoltServer, we are empowering the future of electricity distribution through digital innovation. As the first company to invent, patent and commercialize the distribution of electricity in a natively digital format, our groundbreaking technology, Digital Electricity™ has resulted in a dedicated section in the 2023 National Electric Code referred to as "Fault Managed Power Systems" - launching a new class of electricity distribution modernized for a carbon free, digitally connected world. VoltServer has a global presence with thousands of circuits installed worldwide in various prestigious venues such as sports stadiums, office towers, hotels, airports, macro towers, warehouses, and agriculture facilities.
Our innovative approach allows for safe power delivery at 1000s of watts using low-voltage wiring techniques typically associated with low-voltage technologies like Power over Ethernet (PoE). Digital Electricity™ reduces installation time and cost, improves energy efficiency, and enables intelligent monitoring and control.
With a focus on Wireless Densification, Intelligent Buildings, EV Charging, Data Centers, Industrial applications, and Indoor Agriculture, we are rapidly developing game-changing solutions for various industries. Our office, based in the vibrant waterfront community of East Greenwich, Rhode Island, is housed in a beautifully renovated mill, just a short commute from Providence.
At VoltServer, we offer more than just innovative technology. We provide a competitive compensation package, including salary, paid leave, and comprehensive health plan coverage. Join us in our mission to shape a world where power is used efficiently, intelligently, and sustainably, driving progress and possibilities for generations to come.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person