Description:Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert’s Transportation Group is a growing discipline, striving to be at the top of the market. We are a leader in design and continue to push the boundaries of the profession. Our Team is made up of experts in their fields who are passionate about their work and are looking to build the next group of industry leaders. As a member of this company and Team, your opportunities are limitless as we embrace progress on our mission to improve communities, provide safe transportation designs and present innovative solutions to industry problems.
This position is primarily responsible for assisting with the budgeting, planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting for specific project phase(s) and/or task(s). This position is key in establishing and improving levels of team technical competence, quality and efficiency.
- Reviews scope and schedule of proposals to develop budgets to complete technical aspects of a project.
- Assists project management staff in development of project proposal, as necessary.
- Assists project management staff during negotiations with definition of project schedule, fee, and scope, as necessary.
- Clarifies performance expectations of phase and/or task deliverables.
- Performs technical aspects of specified deliverables and/or leads team of technical staff in creating deliverables consistent with scope, schedule and budget.
- Identify, address and resolve any issues impacting phase/task goals, objectives and/or client satisfaction.
- Responds to scope changes with revised budgets, assignments and scheduling.
- Coaches, mentors, direct, and delegates execution of quality project deliverables to and among technical team members.
- Communicates issues affecting phase/task or project schedule, budget or quality and escalates unresolved issues to project manager, phase manager, team leader and/or discipline leader.
- Assists in firm marketing initiatives (including attending conferences, trade shows, etc).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
- Must be a Licensed Professional Engineer or the ability to obtain a PE License within one year.
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing all essential duties required of the position.
- Must be able to identify and justify project plan vs. actual performance variances.
- Must be able to make sound decisions/recommendations based on the evaluation and synthesis of project information and data.
- Must possess strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Must possess MS Office suite skills.
- Must possess strong organizational skills to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Must be able to interface effectively with vendors, clients, and other firm resources.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to operate and manipulate standard office equipment.
- Must be able to occasionally reach, bend, climb and/or balance.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to travel to meet the needs and demands of the project.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Woolpert or any of our subsidiaries about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Woolpert via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Woolpert, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Woolpert's Talent Acquisition Team for this requisition and a valid agreement is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Woolpert's applicant process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Location: 11750 Katy Freeway,Suite 1260, Houston, TX 77079
Job Type: Full-time