- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, UT, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Electrical Engineer to join the System Engineering Team (SET). This position is located in Roy, UT and supports the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program.
What You’ll Get To Do:
This position is for an electrical engineer to work with the SET Nuclear Hardness and Survivability team. Tasking will include the following:
- Perform functional analysis and systems trade studies for technical solutions with respect to concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, and maintenance.
- Electronic unit simulation, design recommendations, development, test, and integration.
- Electronic Test System (Test Set) design, development, test, and support.
- Vehicle payload and bus electronics modeling, test set development, and sub-system developmental testing
- Ground systems electronics modeling and analysis
- Assist with the generation of well-defined and executable system and subsystem requirements documents, interface documents, and test and verification documents.
- Prepare test plans and test reports for radiation testing of electronic components (e.g. total dose, prompt dose rate, and single event upset)
- Prepare plans and procedures for box level Flash X-Ray and Current Injection testing
- Interface with multiple disciplines such as program management, electrical, mechanical, system engineering, parts and material, electromagnetic effects, procurement, subcontractors, manufacturing and test.
- Present radiation requirements and compliance at PDRs, CDRs, Working Groups, and other technical interchange meetings and program reviews as required.
Essential functions of the role include:
- Prompt dose rate and pulsed power testing
- Design review presentations
- Nuclear weapon effects radiation hardening design
- Assist Nuclear weapon radiation effects analyses
- Assist Radiation transport analyses
- Mentoring and training
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) discipline and 9 years of related experience; 7 years with Master’s Degree; 4 years with PhD
- Design and test experience with electronics technology
- Experience with requirements development and analysis.
- Experience with system/subsystem integration, test, and verification.
- Experience authoring and reviewing test plans, procedures, and reports that verify compliance to technical requirements and meet program needs
- Experience authoring and reviewing analysis reports that verify technical requirements
- US citizen with ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience using DOORs requirements tracking database tool
- Experience performing power system modeling
- Experience in communicating with all levels of peers, management and customers in a methodical, detailed and process oriented fashion
- Experience authoring, reviewing, and updating requirements documents
- Experience using MBSE tools (i.e. CAMEO)
- Experience with test set development
- Experience developing Analog/Power/Drive Electronics for Radiation Hardened Missile or Space applications
- Mixed signal unit, slice, board, and/or ASIC/FPGA design and development experience
- A current DoD Secret clearance or higher granted or re-investigated within last 6 years
Salary Range: $108,600 USD - $163,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.