HOERBIGER Safety Solutions, IEP Technologies (IEP) is seeking a Field Service Engineer to join our highly skilled and dedicated team. The successful candidate will serve customers, ensuring that the installation, commissioning, maintenance, and repair of our life saving products is performed to the highest standards. This position provides prompt and efficient engineering service to IEP customers in the North America region on a 24-hour, 7-days per week basis while maintaining excellent customer relationships. The successful candidate should reside in the Saint Louis area and must be willing to travel 95%-100% of the time throughout the USA, Canada and Mexico.
IEP, based in Marlborough Mass, designs explosion protection solutions, manufactures explosion prevention components, and supports customers with responsive service to prevent and/suppress industrial explosions. We will train the selected candidate on our products. Our culture is based on core values of innovation, excellence and integrity. Our employees create a highly energized, team-oriented work environment. We are an employer committed to supporting the aspirations and achievements of our employees. Company provides three to six months training for the position.
- Provide prompt and efficient engineering service to IEP customers’ explosion suppression systems and associated equipment during normal and abnormal working hours, with minimal supervision from the Field Engineer Supervisor.
- Maintain excellent customer relationships.
- Perform Quarterly/Annual service calls. Respond to Actuations and Trouble calls.
- Submit detailed field reports for all types of service performed.
- Provide travel costs and work time to Field Service Coordinator when performing non-contract work.
- Assist in training all Field Service Engineer Trainees in the field and in the office.
- Ensure all procedures are followed to guarantee complete service.
- Contribute to team effort.
- Two year technical degree or equivalent
- 3 years of related experience installing, servicing and/or troubleshooting electronic systems in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Good technical/mechanical skills
- Proficient in computer skills including MS Office, Adobe Reader, Lotus Notes
- Knowledge of explosion protection, fire protection, spark detection, safe grounding systems
- Must be able to work with class “C” explosives
- Able to work independently/autonomously and also in a team environment
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Able to travel extensively – 95%- 100% on a 24 hour, 7 days per week basis, both national and international required (maximum 10 days at a time, then 4 off))
- Requires climbing tall ladders, working in confined spaces, and lifting up to 40 pounds. In the course of performing the job, the incumbent will be exposed to elements such as odor, noise, dust, heat, cold, chemicals, etc.
HOERBIGER Safety Solutions, IEP Technologies (IEP), based in Marlborough Mass, designs explosion protection solutions, manufactures explosion prevention components, and supports customers with responsive service to prevent and/suppress industrial explosions. HOERBIGER Safety Solutions is a division of HOERBIGER.
HOERBIGER is active throughout the world in the oil, gas and process industries, in the automotive industry, and in safety solutions. Our products and services are used in reciprocating compressors, gas flow control units, vehicle transmissions, gas-powered engines, automobile hydraulics, and comprehensive explosion protection solutions.
HOERBIGER offers a stable, team-based work environment with opportunity for advancement. Our robust benefits package includes: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, company provided Short- & Long-Term Disability coverage and Life Insurance, FSA & HSA, paid Vacation, paid Holidays, paid Sick Days, paid Parental Leave, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) Retirement Plan with matching contributions. Relocation Benefits included for this position.
HOERBIGER is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $59,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Technical discipline education or field service: 2 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: On the road