Job Summary: The position requires developing project schedules working with functional leads and project managers. Critical and near-critical paths will be identified as well as trends to help project team stay on track.
· Responsible to control and monitor project total expenditure including verifying and checking of tickets, invoices and claims from suppliers, vendors and subcontractors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
· Provide planning and cost controlling support for all projects which includes variation reporting, monitoring of contract items progress to the preparation of customer billing processes, etc.
· Perform and manage project activity scheduling and monitoring.
· Ensure effective project implementation and utilize productive reports from the project management system (View Point).
· Coordinate and work with the project management team to resolve project issues to ensure the delivery/completion of the project work.
· Attend project meetings and discussions with the customer when required.
· Perform project costing related reporting to the team and management’s review on a monthly basis to ensure that expenditures are kept within the project budget/jobs projections.
· Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Valid driver license and an acceptable driving record
- Natural gas distribution experience preferred.
- Field experience related to the installation and application of gas system materials and tooling is preferable
· General knowledge of commercial management and experience in contractual matters preferred.
· Ability to work under pressure, prioritize effectively and manage deadlines; highly organized.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working.
· Ability to relate and work well with people at all levels.
· Very proactive; must show willingness to take on additional responsibilities without having to be assigned; a team player and able to perform independently.
· Must have experience in the areas of budgeting, financial reporting, cost tracking.
· Have an advanced knowledge of Excel, data manipulation and spreadsheet design to communicate results.
· Experience in PowerPoint for report preparation desirable.
· Experience of working with or for Utilities preferred.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering Science (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Manchester, CT 06042: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person