CIVIL TRANSPORTATION/ROADWAY ENGINEER
Bacon Famer Workman Engineering & Testing, Inc. is seeking a full-time Civil Transportation/Roadway Engineer to work from its Springfield, Illinois office.
The Bacon Farmer Workman and Marcum Engineering family of companies are committed to providing multi-disciplined, full-service engineering excellence through planning, design, and construction for Civil, Structural, Transportation, Mechanical and Electrical projects of diverse complexities. With 140+ employees in ten office locations, BFW/ME has a strong commitment to excellence. We are passionate about our work and our ultimate goal is to grow and strengthen the communities we live and serve.
Bacon Farmer Workman and Marcum Engineering are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our employees are uniquely talented and strive to be the best in their field. By nurturing the curiosity and talent of our employees, we provide them with the tools for success both personally and professionally, enabling each individual to determine the trajectory of their career.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Planning and design of urban and rural roadways, site developments, and stormwater management/drainage design.
- Coordination with regulatory agencies, utility companies and sub-consultants to obtain information, guidance, and requirements
- Manage project budgets and schedules
- Attend Client Meetings
- Investigate field conditions as well as read and comprehend as-built drawings, construction specifications, client base standards, and technical information to develop drawings.
- Develop plans and related documents from engineering input; perform necessary mathematical calculations and prepare details and other related requirements as part of the overall bidding/construction document package.
- Utilize MicroStation, Power Geopak V8i Powered by OpenRoads Technology, and other related design software applications for required for plan production.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college
- 3+ years of relevant transportation engineering work experience designing roadway projects
- Engineer In Training Certificate issued by the State of Illinois, Professional Engineer License, or ability to obtain PE license, within a reasonable period of time is a requirement for this position. Preference will be given to candidates who are currently licensed PEs in the State of Illinois or those who can be licensed in Illinois within 6 months.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Programs
- High level of organizational and management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to be self-motivated, friendly, and positive in the work environment
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and able to work to meet project demands and deadlines.
- Experience with MicroStation, Power Geopak V8i Powered by OpenRoads Technology, and other related design software applications for roadway and structure design.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance of $50,000
- Additional Life Insurance available for employee and dependents
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer-Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance available.
- Company Match 401k program
- HSA or FSA
- Remote Work
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Eight Paid Holidays
By completing the online application, Applicant certifies that the information they have provided is true, complete, and correct. Applicant further understands that any information provided by the Applicant which is found to be false, incomplete, or misrepresented in any respect will be sufficient cause to (i) eliminate me from further consideration for employment, or (ii) may result in my immediate discharge from employment when it is discovered.
Applicant expressly authorizes, without reservation, the employer, its representatives, employees, or agents to contact and obtain information from all references (Personal and Professional), employers, public agencies, licensing authorities, and educational institutions and to otherwise verify the accuracy of all information provided by me in this application, resume, or any job interview. I hereby waive any and all rights and claims I may have regarding the employer, its agents, employees, or representatives, for seeking, gathering, and using truthful and non-defamatory information, in a lawful manner, in the employment process and all other persons, corporations or organizations for furnishing such information about me.
Applicant understands the position they are applying for is an at-will position meaning that either Employer or Employee may terminate our relationship at any time, with or without cause except as required by law. This application does not constitute an agreement or contract for employment for any specified period of time or duration. Applicant understands that no supervisor or representative of Employer is authorized to make any assurances to the contrary and that no implied written or oral agreements contrary to the foregoing express language are value unless they are in writing and signed by the employer’s chief executive officer.
Applicant understands and acknowledges that if they are hired, they will be required to provide proof of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States and that federal immigration laws require me to complete an I-9 form for this purpose.
Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering & Testing, Inc. and Marcum Engineering LLC are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers, committed to a diverse workforce who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This allows us to render services with exceptional quality, excellence, and commitment. All aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotions, assessments, training, career development, discipline, and discharge are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We embrace diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions, lactation, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors.