Senior Electrical Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: 8-hour shift, Monday through Friday
Office Location: Seattle, WA.
Salary: Commensurate with experience, target range $140K-$170K.
RPA Engineering is searching for a Senior Electrical Engineer to support one of our clients in Bothell, WA. The role provides onsite electrical project management support for capital and major-maintenance engineering projects. The candidate will focus on production of construction documents, including drawings and specifications for a variety of projects. The role can expand into supporting other clients in the same geographical area.
Education & Experience
- B.S. Electrical Engineering. Equivalent work experience may be accepted for otherwise well-qualified candidates.
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensure in the state of Washington.
- 6+ year of electrical engineering experience.
- Strong technical background with power distribution and design.
- Able to design electrical systems in addition to drafting/modeling skills.
- Experienced in managing contract resources and working with outside suppliers.
- Proficiency with electrical codes including the NEC and NESC.
- Advanced skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project.
- Advanced skills in Revit and AutoCAD.
- SKM or ETAP software experience.
- Capable of multi-tasking, interacting with other resources to accomplish tasks and a highly organized individual.
Tasks, Responsibilities, and Utilized Skills
- Preparation and/or modification of one-line drawings, sketches, bills of materials, panel schedules, schematics, wiring termination drawings, lab layout, and cable routing.
- Field walkdown of client sites, equipment, and panels.
- Sizing of conduits, sizing of cables for power distribution, data systems, and telecommunications equipment.
- Interact productively with clients, managers, contractors, and coworkers within the company.
- Review of contractors’ and vendors’ shop drawings and submittals.
- Preparation of contractor’s scope of work and bid documents.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Self-starter who takes direction well and is driven.
- Excellent work-life balance and flexible work schedule
- Growth opportunities within the organization
- Paid time off, sick time, and overtime
- 401(k) matching
- Insurance plans (health, dental, vision, life, etc.)
RPA Engineering is a professional engineering consulting firm offering comprehensive mechanical, electrical and process engineering, machine design, structural analysis services, project management, and CQV. Operating for more than 30 years, RPA provides high quality, cost-effective engineering and design services from its multiple locations; and onsite corporate services.
RPA Engineering was named in 2010 to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing U.S. based entrepreneurial companies. As part of the list, RPA Engineering was named as one of the top 100 Engineering firms in the country.
RPA Engineering is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: RPA Engineering is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with RPA Engineering. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at RPA Engineering via e-mail, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at
RPA Engineering in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of RPA Engineering, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by RPA Engineering as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posting #: 23-009
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $140,000.00 - $170,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bothell, WA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- electrical engineering: 6 years (Required)
- PE license in the state of Washington (Required)
Work Location: In person