The Senior Engineer is responsible for daily load planning, vehicle routing optimization, overall logistics system improvements, keeping all system data updated and providing KPI reporting analysis and support. This position will also support the analysis and design of new business opportunities, being the point between customers and operations.
A successful candidate will be able to show competency in the following areas:
- Designing, optimizing and maintaining routes and master data using enterprise level routing software such as Appian, RoadNet, Red Praire, ESRI ArcLogistics, or similar
- Be able to show results from innovative thinking and solutions
- Working with a sales team to develop value-added solutions for logistics requirements of clients employing analysis, innovation and experience
- Managing the process of Requests for Proposal (RFQ?s) including cost analysis and pricing
- Compiling transportation data and reporting trends.
- Ideally has operational and 3PL consulting experience. Especially new business start-ups, transportation network analysis and transportation supervisory or dispatch experience
- Optimize transportation routes to maximize route efficiency
- Monitor, analyze, evaluate, and optimize route productivity
- Utilize engineering techniques and management principles to implement routing solutions
- Interact with internal departments to draw maximum efficiency and value from load planning and routing decisions
- Utilize IT routing software to assist with optimizations
- Support the goal of finding long term efficiencies to reduce the overall cost of service
- Be able to learn new software related to route planning, GPS, electronic logs
Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Industrial Engineering or related discipline
2 or more years of experience applying relevant engineering techniques and management principles within the ground transportation industry and experience using information technology and relevant software, such as Appian, RoadNet, Red Praire, ESRI ArcLogistics, or similar, to create routing solutions for Truck Load and Less Than Truckload environments.
Sound working knowledge of routing problems, heuristics, advanced math and optimization to develop effective options to enhance productivity and efficiency.
Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel and Access experience required (advanced formulas, macro creation, vba).
Ability to extract and analyze data using SQL queries. Understands relational database structures
Strong leadership, project management and relationship management skills.
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and anticipate team needs along with ability to operate and promote an environment of teamwork.
Strong organization skills, ownership and accountability.
Ability to work in fast-paced environment
Experience working with TMW Suite
Experience working for a 3PL company
Experience with Crystal Report writing
Experience as a Transportation Supervisor or Dispatcher
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Are you a U.S. Citizen or current Green Card Holder?
- Appian: 2 years (Preferred)
- dedicated fleet engineering: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person