Logistics Engineering – Data/method/system analysis, layout planning and improvement, system and equipment integration and development, and automation improvements in logistics sections for a manufacturing environment.
· Evaluate effectiveness of current or future logistical processes by analyzing all logistics methods.
· Provide logistics technology, automation, systems, or information for effective and efficient support of product handling, equipment usage, and other tools in the logistics areas.
· Evaluate the integration and use of inventory tracking technology, web-based or other system warehousing software, or intelligent conveyor systems to maximize plant or distribution center efficiency for all logistics processes.
· Analyze logistic metrics, forecasting, inventory, warehousing, internal analysis tools, or key performance indicators to determine areas of improvement in the logistics and handling areas.
· Identify cost-reduction or process-improvement logistic opportunities to improve operational efficiency.
· Evaluate the use of technologies, such as GPS, radio-frequency identification (RFID), route navigation software, or satellite linkup systems, to improve transportation efficiency. Propose and implement automated equipment for logistics processes.
· Conduct logistics studies or analyses, such as time studies, zero-base analyses, rate analyses, network analyses, flow-path analyses, or supply chain analyses to drive improvements.
· Apply logistics modeling techniques to address issues such as operational process improvement or facility design or layout with financial or business data information.
· Prepare logistic strategies and conceptual designs for logistics and production facilities and propose and implement improved layouts based on efficiency improvements.
· Develop technical specifications for equipment, tools, facility layouts, or material-handling systems.
· Determine feasibility of designing new facilities or modifying existing facilities, based on factors such as cost, available space, schedule, technical requirements, or ergonomics.
· Interview key staff or tour facilities to identify efficiency-improvement, cost-reduction, or service-delivery opportunities. Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency. Analyze jobs using observation, survey, or interview techniques.
· Must be able to travel offsite, occasionally overnight (by auto and/or air)
· All other duties as assigned by manager.
Education / Experience
· BS in Engineering and 1-3 years experience in logistics engineering or automation role.
· Self-motivated and capable of completing multi-task workload.
· CAD software knowledge with floor plan layout experience. Working knowledge of most recent Microsoft Office / Oracle based software applications for business and manufacturing. ERP/WMS or other system usage background. Working Knowledge of PLC Logic preferred.
· Communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing at all levels of the organization
· Excellent interpersonal / communication skills to interact effectively with customers and vendors.
· Must possess a high level of concentration and ability to focus on details
· Must be a licensed driver with a safe driving record
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Manufacturing facility
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Canal Winchester, OH 43110: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: In person