Position: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Reports to: Vice President of Engineering
The Engineering group of Equipment Technologies Inc. is seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to lead efforts that include new designs, improvements to existing designs, prototype development, testing and manufacturing support for our agricultural sprayers.
Why Equipment Technologies?
Equipment Technologies (ET) Inc. is home of the Apache line of ruggedly simple and dependable self-propelled agricultural sprayers. The sprayers weigh approximately 10 tons and have mechanical, driveline, hydraulic, electronic, control, autosteering, precision spraying and boom height management systems thus providing tremendous opportunities for an engineer to learn and grow. Visit us at etsprayers.com.Founded in 1997 in Indiana, ET has grown significantly and is now part of EXEL industries, a global Agricultural family of companies. ET conducts R&D, Engineering, manufacturing of its sprayers from its own sprawling facilities in Mooresville, Indiana located 20 miles from downtown Indianapolis. The products are marketed in the U.S., Canada, Eastern Europe and Australia using a network of over 40 dealerships.
ET is poised to enter the second wave of innovation that includes increased autonomy and IoT capabilities. You will be part a nimble and collaborative team that is the true embodiment of innovation and an empowering culture. Here we encourage and reward creativity while emphasizing work-life balance to grow your career.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in brand new machine development/create new mechanical designs and/or design change solutions, using advanced CAD/CAM tools to improve value (performance, quality, and cost)
- Lead and/or effectively contribute to engineering design reviews
- Perform static and dynamic analysis as needed using advanced finite element & others to optimize design.
- Create project schedules and achieve deliverables within budget and on time.
- Generate models/drawings, Bill of Materials (BOM) and other essential documentation.
- Create validation test plans & contribute to testing efforts.
- Work effectively with purchasing/suppliers and manufacturing/assembly.
- Manage Engineering Change Notice (ECN) and Engineering Change Requests (ECR) processes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in design role in relevant industry
- Must be self-motivated and passionate in developing innovative engineering solutions.
- Significant experience with a major solid modeling/design/analysis suite such as Solid Edge, Pro E or other similar 3D CAD/CAM modeling software
- Significant experience in Finite Element Analysis (FEA) & dynamic simulation (MATLAB/Simulink) or equivalent software packages a definite plus.
- Working knowledge of part print interpretation, geometric dimensioning, and tolerance.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be an effective team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10%.
A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related field.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job but, rather, as guidelines. Equipment Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Mechanical engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person