As a wood fiber polymer Sr. Research Scientist (R&D Engineer), you will be responsible for the development of AZEK products from the laboratory to the production scale. Your focus as a member of the AZEK R&D team will be directly grounded in the development of compounds and formulations associated with existing and future TimberTech wood polymer composites product lines with a commitment to AZEK Core Values.
- Promotes a safe work environment.
- Collaborates with internal and external resources to ensure project completion and success.
- Investigates raw materials in support of new compound development projects from lab scale through market introduction.
- Develops process and product specifications, understanding the relationship with raw material and product testing techniques.
- Generates project ideas related to the development of new products to drive performance improvements and/or cost reductions.
- Solves problems of diverse scope, including product/process development, improvement, field issue resolution, manufacturing efficiencies, and outsourcing support.
- Develops timelines to drive towards project goals.
- Communicates project milestones to stakeholders and project teams throughout the organization through detailed technical and research reports.
- Coordinates the transfer of new products and processes to manufacturing and supports market introduction.
- Performs additional duties as needed and/or assigned by supervision/management.
- Travel is required infrequently to manufacturing plants or labs throughout the USA.
The position may directly/indirectly lead additional personnel and multi-functional teams.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Polymer Science, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and/or related field with 5+ years’ of product development in a manufacturing environment.
- A Master of Science Degree in Polymer Science, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and/or related field with 3+ years’ experience in product development in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience and understanding of wood fiber polymer-based product manufacturing processes are highly desired.
- Experience in material selection and specification development is desired.
- The advanced statistical method and software user experience is desired.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $75,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wilmington, OH 45177: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person