Job Title: Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Department: Design Engineering
Reports To: Vice President of Design Engineering
Summary: Delta Systems is seeking an electrical engineer with embedded software development experience to lead hardware and firmware development efforts throughout the product life cycle. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of design (requirements development, conceptual and detailed design, prototyping, and verification/validation testing) and transfer to production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Designs electronics and electrical systems per customer specifications using analog and digital circuit design techniques.
- Designs, implements, tests and documents firmware.
- Writes software requirement specifications (SRS), software design document (SDD), and software test plans.
- Leads new designs from conception into production while working with a multi-discipline team.
- Leads technical design reviews at engineering milestones.
- Coordinates technical resources during product design and development.
- Plans, schedules and coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Directs and/or coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Confers with research and other engineering personnel to identify root cause of issues and prepares design modifications as required.
- Compiles and/or analyzes operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment or product.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering. MSEE degree preferred.
- Five or more years experience creating analog and digital electronic designs for medium-to-high volume, high reliability, cost sensitive applications.
- Experience designing with 8, 16, and 32-bit microcontrollers (DSP experience is a plus).
- Experience designing with BLE modules (Experience designing with Wi-Fi, GPS and cellular modules is a plus).
- Experience using schematic capture and circuit simulation software. PCB layout experience preferred.
- Embedded firmware design experience using C and Assembly.
- Knowledge of processor architecture, digital circuit design and various communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, etc.
- Experience with Vehicle Interfaces such as CAN, J1939, LIN, etc. is a plus.
Candidates for this position must be fully competent in all conventional aspects of the subject matter or functional area assignments and hold a broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and a good knowledge of principles and practices of related specialties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person