Electrical engineers must be able to design electrical control systems based on customer requirements. This includes the selection of components, identifying sources of supply, generating graphical representations of the control system using computer aided drafting, identify methods of manufacture and define testing methods. The control systems must be designed in a manner consistent with the standards of Bevco Engineering Company and customer expectations. The electrical engineer must be proficient in programming programmable logic controllers and human-machine interface devices. They are required to interface with customers in a professional manner, both in communication and personal appearance. The electrical engineer is also required to generate system documentation including operating procedures and any other documentation required.
Essential job functions
- Have the ability to understand customer requirements.
- Use scientific knowledge to solve practical problems.
- Be able to work well with others (both team members and with customers).
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Maintain working knowledge of applicable electrical standards such as NEMA, NEC, UL, IEC.
- Must have ability to work efficiently without direct supervision and a high degree of ethics.
- Must have ability to travel and work at remote job sites.
Work experience requirements
- Proficient with AutoCAD, RS Logix, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with quality procedures, including ISO 9001:2008 requirements.
- Electrical troubleshooting and safety skills.
- Having experience with E-Plan a Huge Plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person