To plan and supervise all mechanical operations and maintenance programs of the facility, machines, and equipment. Oversee the execution of capital projects. Coordinate continuous improvement project management operations cost-effectively and efficiently for REMET facilities. Lead and create programs such as LOTO, Critical Spares, Preventive Maintenance, etc.
KEY RESULT AREAS:*
- Plan and direct capital projects by researching, securing proposals from and assisting in the selection of qualified contractors. Supervise contractors through completion of projects while ensuring conformance within contract terms, specifications, and deadlines.
- Plan, schedule, direct and monitor general plant maintenance including preventive maintenance program and repairs to minimize down time.
- Create and maintain an inventory of facilities and equipment Critical Spares.
- Create and document plant equipment LOTO processes.
- Maintain all the LOTO and OSHA required safety equipment and PPE.
- Monitor, analyze and control costs related to equipment maintenance and maintenance supplies.
- Accountable for Contract Service Providers (CSP’s) during projects or scheduled and/or annual maintenance. Receive daily updates from CSP’s.
- Research and design new equipment for cost effectiveness.
- Maintain and improve plant heat, light and power systems along with upgrading building.
- Update and maintain plant drawings using CAD software. Set-up computer software and databases for monitoring process equipment operation.
- Assist QEHS department in ensuring compliance with OSHA and other federal, state and city safety and environmental legislation, regulations codes and safety programs. Update and maintain environmental risk management and environmental control instruction manuals.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement improvements to manufacturing processes.
- Maintain and upgrade equipment, develop and implement new procedures and methods and improve production flow to reduce costs and / or improve productivity or quality.
- Provide support related to all REMET facilities.
- Perform any additional tasks as required by management.
- The Plant Engineer position requires an awareness of the Company's established policies, rules, regulations, and procedures as they relate to employment, safety and health, ISO 9001, and housekeeping. The jobholder must have advanced maintenance knowledge. The jobholder must possess the ability to operate all required equipment and processes.
- Reasoning Ability – Must be capable of making good decisions and forecast relevant to job requirements and referring higher level decisions to an immediate supervisor.
- Education and/or Experience – B.S. in an Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical Engineering with 1 to 3 years of related experience in managing a maintenance function and designing equipment/functions. Complete OSHA 30 or HAZWOPER certification.
- Language Skills – Must possess the ability to read and write in the English language.
- Must be able to read temperature and pressure gauges and calculate time.
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of OSHA and other federal, state and city safety and environmental laws, regulations, and codes; building codes; economics; budgeting and business management.
- Must possess proficient PC skills (Microsoft Office), hands on experience with CAD, excellent organizational and communication skills, (written and verbal).
- Employee must be detailed oriented.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
- Employee must be able to pass the OSHA required respirator FIT testing and training.
- Employee must be able to pass the practical testing to operate a powered industrial truck safely.
- Employee will be required to enter permit required confined space. o Individual must be able to climb and work from heights.
- Individual must be able to lift 10 to 50 pounds.
- Lifting would include “high lifting” which means raising or lowering of bags or pails ranging up to 50 pounds above waist and shoulder level in a vertical direction and “low lifting” which means raising or lowering containers of about 50 pounds up to waist level in a vertical direction.
- Work would also include twisting at the waist, stooping, crouching, and bending the body forward at the waist and sitting for long periods of time.
- Individual must be able to operate a pallet jack. (Pulling)
- Individual must be able to work in environments varying in temperatures depending upon the climate of the area.
- Must be able to work in tight areas to make equipment repairs or adjustments.
- Must possess the ability to reason and contemplate decision based on production setbacks or product specification compliance.
- Employee must be capable to make good decisions relevant to job requirements and referring higher level decisions to a Plant Engineer.
- Employee must be able to accurately complete all inspection documentation.
- Individual must be able to follow instructions from equipment manuals to perform accurate repairs.
- 401(k) & Matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 3 years Maintenance Experience
- Mechanical engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- Facilities maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year