Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we don’t settle – we’re always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know that we’re making a difference.
We’re seeking a Conveyance Project Manager to support delivering world-class water and wastewater conveyance projects for our agricultural and municipal clients in any of our Northern California offices.
As a Conveyance Project Manager, you’ll be charged with leading a team of highly qualified and motivated engineers through the design process, interacting directly with clients to develop and deliver technical conveyance solutions, and mentoring ambitious mid-level engineers. We’ll ask you to grow your career by acting as a highly competent seller-doer that will be empowered to develop and manage projects in a trusting and supported environment.
You’ll join a team of experts in conveyance, pumping plant design, fish screen intakes, water, and wastewater treatment technologies and will have the opportunity to grow professionally through participation on project teams delivering challenging projects while serving and developing clients.
We’ll rely on you to lead business development activities with key clients resulting in acquisition of new projects as well as perform the role of Project Manager supporting various projects and programs within a defined client portfolio. You’ll effectively lead and manage project teams throughout all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout; consistent with established project delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget, and other specified requirements stated in each contract.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Using your conveyance technical expertise, you’ll play an integral role in leading and mentoring staff, forming long-term relationships with clients and pursuing new work, including strategy development, positioning, proposing, and negotiating contracts.
- A Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, or a related engineering discipline
- Demonstrated track record of delivering multiple conveyance related projects regarding water or wastewater
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a multi-disciplinary team
- Licensed CA Professional Engineer (or other state P.E. with commitment to obtain CA P.E. within 1 year).
Ideally, Here’s what You’ll Also Have:
- A Master's degree in Civil Engineering, or a related engineering discipline
- Experience serving various clients involving a wide variety of fields including conveyance pipeline design, project management, water/ wastewater pump station design
- A desire for both personal and team growth
- Ability to serve as the technical liaison/leader between the project towner and the design team
- Business development, interpersonal, and networking skills that can be combined with the significant resources that we have available across Jacobs to gain market share
- Experience support business development activities with local municipalities
- Comfortable working both collaboratively and independently
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Typical benefits offered include flexible work schedules and opportunities to work remotely, educational reimbursement, retirement benefits, employee stock purchase plan, health benefits, disability benefits, life and accident insurance, voluntary benefits, paid time off and paid holidays, and parental leave.
Typical salary range for this position is $109,800 - $171,500 , and is commensurate with experience relative to the position.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.