The Systems Engineer Tier1 is responsible for resolving escalated service issues, assisting other team members to resolutions, managing, and implementing projects, and maintaining and overseeing the technology within the IT ecosystem. This role is a key position within the IT department and will be called upon to resolve technical issues. The role requires that you possess the necessary self-discipline to take ownership and responsibility for delivering technical implementations on time, with appropriate documentation, and managing the operational handover to the other IT & Engineering team members.
· Managing Network and System configuration and implementation
· Collaborate with various departments to leverage technology for process and workflow improvement.
· Account creation, changes, and terminations
· Automation scripting for use in multiple systems including process enhancements.
· Support and configuration of the following systems:
o Phones, servers, configuration, and management
o Linux (Ubuntu)
o Bash, Ansible, Python shell (Programming Language)
o Azure, AWS, and GCP
o Desktops, laptops, and servers
o Networking switches, firewalls, load balancers
o Business Applications
o Internal Salesforce CRM
o Microsoft Office 365
o Security and Events monitoring
o Ticketing System
o Asset Management
o Active Directory
o Email Protection and Archive Management
o SIEM System
· Virtualization Infrastructure
o VMware and Hyper-V
· Network Infrastructure
o Palo Alto
o A10 Load Balancer
· Cloud Support and Implementation
o GCP knowledge is a plus
o Azure knowledge is a plus
· DevOps experience is a plus
o Proficiency in; Angular, TypeScript, NodeJS, C#, .net Core
o Experience developing CI/CD workflows and tools.
o Docker Products, Git, Bash, Ansible, Python (Programming Language)
o Manage building pipelines and release within Azure DevOps and or on premise.
o Build, test, maintain and patch docker images for security vulnerabilities.
o Support and Administrate API Gateway platform.
o Support the development team’s infrastructure.
· Maintain SFTP, FTPs, and HTTPs server.
· Management of organization wide updates and patching
· Provide coaching, leadership, and technical expertise for other IT team members and be an escalation point and or Subject Matter Expert
· Ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions.
· Manage, plan, and implement detailed deployment designs.
· Write and maintain technical documentation on existing services and systems.
· Provide escalation support for deployed infrastructure as needed, servers, routers, firewalls, security, and remote access solutions.
· Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, best practice recommendations and upgrades, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
· Communication with internal and external customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and/or outages.
· Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
· Other duties as assigned.
Essential Technical Proficiencies
· Knowledge of clustering technologies, load balancing, systems design, security principles, and architecture best practices
· Business applications; Linux, Windows Server, Office 365, MS Teams, Laserfiche, QuickBooks, ERP systems, Veeam, Sumo logic
· Strong Virtualization and Storage experience, VMware, Hyper-V, Nimble San Storage, VDI, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, AWS
· Networking knowledge, OSI network layers, (TCP/IP, MPLS, VLAN, VPN, VOIP), Wireless, routers, firewalls, phone systems; MS Teams & Amazon Connect
· Security software administration and deployment; Anti-virus, SIEM, 2FA, Thycotic, Zix, and ManageEngine.
· Experience creating automated scripts and software preferred; Powershell, PowerCLI, Bash, Phyton Shell programming language.
· Ticketing systems experience and escalation; Jitbit, Confluence
· Experience with internal and external monitoring systems; PRTG, 24x7.com, uptrends.
· Experience with SSAE18, HIPAA/Hitech, Audits, Disaster Recovery.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, related field, or related experience
· 4+ years of Linux system administration and IT support.
· 4+ years of DevOps experience
· 7+ years’ experience in Windows system administration and IT support.
· Excellent written, oral, communication, and documentation skills
· Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
· Ability to conduct ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Performance bonus
- Yearly pay
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you willing to work in office a couple of days a week?
Work Location: In person