New Product Development Electro-Mechanical Engineer
Ever dream of doing work that makes a difference? Here it is! We seek the talent of a dynamic NPD Electro-Mechanical Engineer who will bring their “A” game to a collaborative team of talented professionals. You are not afraid to make impact where your opinion matters in a company that has a masterful, mature history that operates as best-in-class.
Let’s unpack this – Who are we?
PPG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marcone Supply that manufactures and distributes high quality plumbing products and expert solutions to create best-in-class customer experiences. The PPG umbrella has three national brands with Speakman, Wolverine Brass and PlumbMaster and a history stretching back 150 years in the plumbing industry. While distinct in customer base and value proposition, the three brands share a passion for innovation and customer service excellence. Marcone Supply is a solution-oriented organization offering the highest level of customer care and solutions to all levels of the appliance parts, plumbing, and HVAC industries.
The NPD Electro-Mechanical Engineer is responsible for developing product concepts into products that are manufactural, technically feasible, and commercially viable. This role supports the NPD objectives of developing new product concepts, focusing primarily on high potential projects, to expand our line and presence in the market. Throughout the development process, the New Product Development Engineer will manage multiple projects while communicating effectively with all departments.
This is a HYBRID opportunity located in Glen Mills, PA.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for designing and building a variety of products that integrate electrical and mechanical components. These products will be part of our expanding plumbing, HVAC and safety product lines.
- Incorporate new technology, materials or designs into our products reducing cost and improving performance.
- Run simulation processes optimizing 3D product models. Obtain appropriate prototypes to test and validate product is meeting performance requirements.
- Prepare product documents, preliminary layouts, drawings, BOM, test reports and cost studies for custom proposals and manufacturing orders.
- Travel to different vendors will be required to address current product project as well as customer’s sites for product support. Some travel may be required to visit vendors, customers, and installation sites to investigate and assist in product related issues.
- Utilize provided software programs to enhance job performance, manage tasks and increase process efficiency.
- Design and develop test equipment and protocols for compliance to internal quality levels and applicable published standards.
- Maintain accurate system information and ISO quality procedures related to the Engineering Department.
Preferred Job Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience in manufacturing and custom product development.
- Proficient user of 3D modeling software (SolidWorks)
- Thorough knowledge of electronic technologies including controllers, sensor, energy supplies, HMI and different communication type for products.
- Experience with developing power systems and alternate energy harvesting systems for products.
- Knowledge of applicable Plumbing Codes, Electric Codes and Standards.
- Experience with prototyping equipment and techniques electro-mechanical systems.
- Possess the detail focus to accurately interpret SOW, drawings, engineering specifications, and quality standards to effectively meet objective.
What We Offer
- Stability! We’ve been around for over 150 years!
- Work-life balance
- Paid training
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance
- 401(k) program
- PTO and paid holidays
We provide equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, age, race, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identification, physical or mental disability, or any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday