Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2021 sales of $31 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit www.linde.com.
We are currently seeking a Plant Engineer to support our bulk gas locations in Northern California. This position will be located in Pittsburg, CA with travel to Benicia, Modesto, Martinez, and Altamont, CA. This position will report to the Northern California Area Manager.
The Plant Engineer will be responsible for ensuring production requirements are met, and the facility is operated in a safe, efficient and compliant manner. This is a front-line operations role that will respond to unplanned events, work independently, and make technical decisions and recommendations to ensure the reliable and efficient operation of the facility. This position requires a combination of office and field work. Accessibility during off-hours (laptop and cell phone) is required.
- Provide daily support to operators, technicians and drivers
- Assess the efficiency and operating capacity of the plant to optimize processes
- Troubleshooting plant process & equipment problems and implementing solutions
- Execute small projects at the facility
- Develop and maintain documentation to support all applicable compliance standards (QA, state, regulatory, internal engineering, etc)
- Collaborate with support teams for technical assistance
- Maintain QA program, facilitate customer and corporate audits
- Interface with production to plan and schedule routine maintenance activities.
- Help coordinate major outage and project work with reliability center, mechanical integrity team, and capital project teams to ensure most efficient and cost-effective execution.
- Maintains documentation of equipment and process (eMOC, Variance, MVF, QA, etc.)
- Responsible for process safety information related to plant activities
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or 5+ years of relevant management/industry experience.
- Must have a strong commitment to safety and operational discipline
- Excellent communication, team interaction and presentation skills.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working independently, effectively manages multiple tasks and achieves results with minimal supervision.
- Must have a positive attitude, be willing to quickly adapt to changing situations, have strong communications skills, and a strong will to build and maintain productive relationships across departmental lines.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person