We are currently in need of a self –motivated Structural Engineer in our Cincinnati, OH office. This position requires design and construction administration experience of municipal, industrial, commercial, institutional, and retail structures. The candidate must be a proven professional with experience in managing designs, schedules, budgets, and client relationships.
This position is in our Cincinnati, OH office location.
Desired Skills and Experience
· 5 -7 years of related work experience
· AutoCAD and a working knowledge of structural design software
· Revit experience a plus
· Registered Professional Engineer a plus
Tasks and Responsibilities
· Responsible for structural design of municipal, industrial, commercial, institutional and retail structures, including new buildings and non-building structures, and additions or renovations to existing buildings and non-building structures
· Team position that serves as technical designer formulating and developing structural engineering concepts
· Ability to determine load capacities of existing structures
· Monitor project budgets, as well as the performance of internal and external technical support services
· Prepare or direct, the preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, and designs for projects
· Review and/or prepare the opinion of construction costs and project proposals
· Research and investigate existing conditions from fieldwork; records, or other information
· Responsible for coordinating technical and administrative activities within the various departments of the firm; and those of outside consultants.
Dogwood has been providing services to commercial industry and government agencies since 2001. We owe our success to the professionals we have been fortunate enough to hire and retain to perform to the standards set forth by leadership within our commercial clients and government agencies. For this reason, we seek only those candidates with the highest ethical standards who meet the experience requirements for the obligations we have been entrusted with. All others need not apply.
All applications will be held in confidence unless permission is granted from the applicant to provide to anyone outside of Dogwood Services or Dogwood Management Partners.
Dogwood Management Partners is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, Veterans, Service Disabled Veterans, and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cincinnati, OH: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Structural Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person