Have you heard the news?
Net Zero needs Nuclear!
Your experience as an electrical engineer within the nuclear field could land you a position at one of the top 200 companies of the Fortune® 500 list!
Thomas Thor’s client is founded by the most innovative minds who strive for growth and knowledge.
The collaboration within the company allows for a plethora of projects with various backgrounds. This nuclear project is searching for an electrical engineer who will contribute their knowledge in developing the design of the nation’s growth in defense. Along with contributing to your country, you get to excel in the sunny state of South Carolina. This long-term, 12-month contract position has an opportunity for renewal over the next 3 years and will be located in sunny Greenville, South Carolina.
Must be a U.S. Citizen. Must have a working knowledge of Federal (including The Department of Energy
Orders), State, and Local codes and standards applicable to electrical engineering design.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate electrical engineering and multi-disciplined team/design projects while engaged in the planning, design and construction phases of engineering projects.
- Prepare and modify electrical design drawings (e.g., single line diagrams, schematics, wiring diagram layouts, raceway, lighting, and grounding).
- Properly interpret and apply National, State, and Local codes and standards, and customer design requirements for the preparation of electrical design/construction documents, specifications, and system descriptions related to assigned tasks.
- Prepare engineering cost and schedules estimates.
- Generate and review the accuracy of design/evaluation calculations, and specifications.
- Familiarity with computer aided drafting applications is required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical (Power) Engineering with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
(nuclear preferred) in design, estimating, specification preparation, construction document preparation, and related phases of engineering.
Job Types: Contract, Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Greenville, SC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Nuclear: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person