A&E Incorporated is searching for an experienced Design Engineer to support our A&E Tools R&D Engineering group. The Design Engineer collaborates with our Sales, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality Assurance and Production/Inventory Control teams to plan, direct, and coordinate all engineering activities associated with conceptualizing, prototyping, designing, drawing, detailing, material selection, process, quality, product reliability, cost estimating product performance, instruction training and documentation of all new products.
HERE'S WHAT YOU WILL DO
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Innovate, design, and develop new products and solutions for our customers.
- Evaluate product concepts and ideas generated internally and by customers.
- Manage new product development to include project management, development of prototypes, cost estimates, product testing, field testing and documentation.
- Maintain an organized workflow to assure continuity of project progress throughout all phases of development involving the proper stakeholders.
- Participate in design for manufacturing initiatives.
- Generate component and assembly drawings using geometric tolerancing standards.
- Interact with end users and customers, as well as sales, manufacturing, and other internal teams.
- Serve as internal expert on product applications and provide technical support and training to internal team members and external customers on all product lines.
- Initiate and process Engineering Change Requests and new product documents.
- Drive product and component improvements and cost reduction initiatives.
- Lead and mentor other engineering team members.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
KEY REQUIREMENTS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in product design, preferably in automotive and mechanical systems, with technical talent in the areas of materials, mechanical design, and function.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in mechanical, electrical, or related engineering field.
- Ability to provide examples of proven success in launching new products.
- Solid understanding of and ability to conceptually design products and perform functional testing.
- Ability to produce production quality prints, manually or with CAD, sketches, and other design methods, and produce prototypes using a variety of materials and processes.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in quality assurance dimensioning and design reliability.
- Computer literate with demonstrated working experience/knowledge in Solid works, and proficiency in MS Office Suite and Outlook.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and decision-making skills with the ability to prioritize projects and adapt to changing deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to present issues, plans, objectives, and directives.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK FOR US
A&E Incorporated is a fourth-generation family owned business located in Racine, WI, and we’ve been a trusted partner in the design, development and manufacturing of some of the most respected tool brands in the world for 90 years! We offer our employees a friendly, business-casual working environment and in addition to a competitive salary, our employees are offered health, dental, vision and life insurance, a generous PTO package, 401(k) with employer match, EAP, tuition reimbursement and additional company perks.
A&E Incorporated is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, religion, or any other classification protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Product Design: 5 years (Required)
- new product launches: 5 years (Preferred)
- quality assurance dimensioning: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person