Position Overview :
We are looking for a full-time Cloud Ops Engineer to manage and maintain its cloud-based SaaS solutions. The administrator will be responsible for all aspects of managing our SaaS solution, including security, scalability, automation, software releases, troubleshooting, cloud infrastructure costs, and uptime.
Pay Range : $120K - $140K Per year
Location : This is a fully remote position.
US citizenship is mandatory. Security clearance is not required but desirable. Candidates must meet one of the following qualification criteria.
- An associate degree or higher with 5+ years of managing cloud systems.
- 5+ years of experience serving the US government as an officer, enlisted, civilian or contracted employee (Preferred but not mandatory).
- Manage cloud infrastructure security by deploying, managing, and monitoring traditional and web application firewalls, IDS / IPS systems, and security gateways.
- Manage cloud infrastructure networking.
- Deploy Virtual Machines, microservices, and other cloud services.
- Deploy software releases and patches.
- Set up and maintain monitoring infrastructure.
- Monitor the cloud infrastructure health on an ongoing basis using tools like Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana, and Pagerduty.
- Run periodic security scans on the cloud deployment, document findings, and work with engineering to remediate any issues found.
- Monitor the usage of cloud resources. Deploy additional VMs and services as required. Optimize resource utilization.
- Create and manage periodic backups.
- Automate routine tasks using automation tools and / or scripts.
- Manage cloud infrastructure costs; suggest ways to optimize costs.
- Proactively identify and recommend monitoring and security tools to deploy.
- Control access to infrastructure systems using Active Directory. Utilize roles to limit access to on need basis only.
- Maintain process documentation.
- Support our compliance staff in activities related to maintaining and attaining new security certifications for our cloud solutions.
- Prior experience with Azure or AWS cloud deployment & management required; Azure is preferred.
- OR prior experience serving the US government as an officer, enlisted, civilian or contracted employee.
- Strong Python or shell scripting expertise required.
- Experience with Linux / Unix administration required.
- Understanding of IP networking required
- Knowledge of monitoring tools, and an understanding of how to act on monitoring logs required.
- Experience with Docker containerization required.
- Knowledge of at least one orchestration system such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc. required.
- Prior experience managing role-based access control required.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and Helm highly desired
- Hadoop administration experience desired
- Knowledge system maintenance like back-up, recovery, etc. desired
- Familiarity with firewall configuration, WAF configuration highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills required.
- Ability to collaborate with offshore teams.
Feel free to reach out to me, If you have any questions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- Are you US Citizen or Green Card holder?
- AWS (Preferred)
- Azure (Preferred)
Speak with the employer