Eaton’s Mission Systems is currently seeking a Lead Systems Engineer. This posiition is located in the growing Quad Cities, specifically in Davenport, IA . Relocation assistances is offered! Eaton's Mission Systems is one of the Top 20 major employers in the cities.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $101250.0 - $148500.0 a year. Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
This position is responsible for design and certification of Aerospace oxygen systems. The individual will be responsible for architecture design and studies, requirements development and flow-down, system integration, and certification compliance. The position will coordinate across the Mission Systems Division (MSD) sites to support these projects. A successful candidate will need knowledge and have prior experience of Aerospace life support and oxygen systems and components, be able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers, and lead system and sub-system level projects.
In this function you will:
- Provide technical leadership for a team of system and product engineers and provide technical leadership as part of the development IPT to execute on programs.
- Execute on systems engineering functional capabilities including requirements development including flow-down and traceability; system architecture design and analysis; project engineering; control system design; system integration and verification; requirements compliance; certification compliance; functional competency aligned with the Eaton Industrial Sector Centers of Excellence for modeling and simulation, reliability, maintainability, safety, electronics, firmware and software.
- Lead proposal preparation and execution of technical proposal and engineering schedules and hour estimates to support the customer response.
- Prepare and review project related documentation to ensure completeness and quality.
- Prepare presentations for Eaton leadership and representation at customer meetings as a technical expert. Highlight issues and manage customer requirements when necessary.
- Develop standard processes, standards, and working instructions including the Eaton Aerospace Common Engineering Standards (ACES)
- Promote and use DFSS within the systems engineering function.
- Work directly with internal and external customers, suppliers, project engineers, design engineers, test engineers, COE functional leads, program management, and other product team members to develop systems and products.
- Establish processes and reviews for buyers for supplier relationship management including monitoring & communicating supplier performance
Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution
10 years of system, product design, or product development experience
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee or Refugee.
Master’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited university
15 years of technical leadership in aerospace oxygen and/or life support systems
7 years of experience on aerospace oxygen systems and/or life support systems
Design for Six Sigma or Six-Sigma (DMAIC) Greenbelt
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.