Platform Engineer – Moorestown NJ
Generous PTO, 401K, Health Insurance Package
Annual Salary: $90,000 - $120,000
In-Depth Engineering seeks a Platform Engineer to support a variety of engineering efforts for Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) development efforts. BMD is the primary sea-based component of the U.S. missile defense system and integrates multiple capabilities through an advanced command and control system. BMD systems provide layered missile defense capabilities as part of the U.S Missile Defense Agency strategy to protect our nation and our allies from the increasing threat of missile attack.
The work is performed at our customer site in Moorestown, NJ.
- Build software and systems to manage infrastructure, platforms, and applications to enable the continuous integration and continuous deployment of software products
- Applying best practices for infrastructure and platform provisioning, configuration, management, and automated software deployments using DevSecOps pipeline technologies
- Support the development and deployment of prototypes and solutions within Commercial Cloud Solutions leveraging Infrastructure platform services
- Configure and troubleshoot network connectivity issues for LAN, WAN, VPN, DNS and Firewall
- Leverage tools like JIRA, Bitbucket, and Confluence to track development activities, control source code, and author documentation
Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness
- Provide input/suggestions on technical approach to the Agile Team Leads
- Facilitate technical and programmatic information exchange in support of Consortium Objectives
Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, or related discipline with SRE/DevOps experience
3+ years of experience in related work
Experience in establishing, maintaining, and growing DevSecOps resources, CI/CD pipelines and supporting infrastructure
Experience with Unix, GIT, Jira, Bitbucket, ClearCase
Experience with automated provisioning and configuration tools (i.e., Terraform, Helm, Flux, Argo, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
Must be a US citizen
Possess or have the ability to obtain DoD secret clearance
Certified Kubernetes Administrator, Certified Kubernetes Application Developer, or equivalent.
Experience with Platform One Big Bang DSO platform.
Hold certifications in Security+, AWS and/or Microsoft Azure