Job Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Department: Quality Assurance
Reports To: Quality Assurance Manager/Purchasing Manager
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Supplier Quality Engineer will report directly to the Quality Manager with indirect report to the Purchasing Manager. The SQE is responsible for development of the supply base, including but not limited to improvement in process quality, delivery, and supplier performance metrics. The SQE will work with the Champion supply base assisting in manufacturing process control improvements, error proofing, and PFMEA development. Additional responsibilities include root cause analysis of quality escapes resulting from purchased products, productivity improvements, FAIR reviews of purchased product, issuing and reviewing corrective action requests of suppliers and on-site audits of the supply base. Expected travel is 30%-50%.
The SQE will be responsible for quality inputs and outputs from the development stage through the life of the product, working with the assigned quality and manufacturing engineers to the specific product line.
1. Work with quality and purchasing in identifying key suppliers and improve the delivery and quality metrics of those suppliers.
2. Coordinate and lead on site audits at the supply chain sites.
3. Determine the need for corrective action requests with follow up visits to ensure effective implementation.
4. Collect and analyze process data and supplier performance history to identify chronic supply chain deficits and correct problems for trends leading to opportunities for improvement projects and cost reduction.
5. Develop and improve procedures controlling the outsourcing process to improve the effectiveness and FPY of purchased product.
6. Organize and lead Improvement Projects to refine process control, correct process problems, reduce scrap, and improve on time delivery.
7. Monitor supply base KPI’s and report monthly to Champion leadership, develop and monitor supplier scorecards for key Champion suppliers.
8. Work with the Champion receiving inspection to develop quality plans and review supplier FAIR submissions.
9. Work with the Purchasing and Quality Managers on supplier selection and development.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
B.S. in Engineering, Management, or Technology.
Minimum Three (3) years Supplier Quality Engineering/Development experience; Automotive or Aerospace industry experience a plus.
Must have experience in APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, GD&T, FAIR and formal problem solving methodology.
Good written and verbal communication skill.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Liberty, SC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- AS9100: 1 year (Preferred)
- Supplier Quality/Development: 3 years (Required)
- Six Sigma Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person