We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our growing manufacturing team. You will be reasonable for supporting and improving the manufacturing process for producing classic and digital X-ray film.
Responsibilities, but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for supporting the operation of a multitude of complex automated manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for developing upgrades to manufacturing processes to improve productivity, increase uptime, reduce costs, improve safety, and improve quality.
- Work with engineering team and others in the organization on small and medium projects, $5,000 to $100,000.
- Upgrade obsolete 25-year-old equipment to current standards.
- Upgrade the skills of Maintenance Technicians through the generation of procedures and training.
- Maintain mechanical and electrical drawing documentation.
- Assist organization in maintaining regulatory compliance including FDA, ISO and OSHA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- The ideal candidate will have a Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in both the mechanical design and system controls fields, preferably in an automated manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work with others in a cooperative team to coordinate work and see projects through from conception to commissioning. Such teams may include other engineers, technicians, operators, and/or managers.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex automated equipment using mechanical and electrical drawings, PLC software, circuit analysis, and mechanical/electrical diagnostic equipment
- Mechanical machine design
- Mechanical & electrical control systems integration
- Problem solving through reverse engineering
- Ability to read complex programs in PLC’s and PC automated control systems.
- Experience with robotics and positioning systems.
- Ability to write procedures and train technicians in their use.
- The following software platforms are used at this site. A willingness to develop proficiency in these platforms is expected.Bentley Microstation CAD software
Siemens S5 and S7 PLC and Allen Bradley PLC 5 software
Siemens and Yaskawa drive systems software
EPLAN P8 electrical drawing software
Wonderware InTouch HMI software
Profibus, Ethernet, and serial communications
What we offer now and in the future:
- Dynamic global organization with a history of innovation and strong product portfolio.
- Challenging environment combined with a supportive management structure.
- Career development and growth.
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- Friendly work environment surrounded by dedicated and professional colleagues.
Curious about this opportunity? We also know that a job contains more than just bullets! Apply! We love to tell you more about our company, the content of the function, responsibilities and possibilities. Just apply! Talk Soon.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Goose Creek, SC 29445: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person