The Arcanum Group is seeking an Electrical Engineering Construction Manager that will be responsible for the oversight of the Canandaigua, NY VA Outpatient Clinic Construction and Renovation Project. This position will be part of a team that will be assisting the VA Senior Resident Engineer (SRE), and Resident Engineer (RE) Staff in monitoring and inspecting the construction activities for compliance with contract requirements and industry standards.
- Conducts and carries out portions of daily inspections of site work, building construction work; documents discrepancies, code violations, improper materials or techniques in the application of materials, substandard or poor quality workmanship; monitors schedules on various aspects of ongoing daily activities to identify and mitigate project slippage and coordinate project phasing.
- Reviews contractor's submittals and RFIs as required; maintains accurate and complete job files including as-built drawings and specifications; identifies progress delays and recommends appropriate corrective measures to the SRE or designated VA representative toward mitigating delays and maintaining the progress schedule.
- Coordinates access for consultants performing surveys, and escort them on VAMC as necessary.
- Reviews Contractor proposed plans for interruption of utility services and/or traffic and provide report to SRE or designated VA representative.
- Plans and coordinates disruptions to utility services and other impacts to VAMC operations as needed to keep construction progress on scheduled timeline and to minimize disruptions to ongoing VA operations.
- Identifies VAMC work and interruptions impacting project and mitigate impacts with VAMC/contractor.
- Coordinates Utility Company service interruptions with VAMC and USACE/Contractor.
- Leads construction impacts meeting with VAMC department staff, USACE, and contractor. Document with meeting minutes.
- Coordinates construction and activations schedules; ensure VAMC-provided equipment deliveries, outfitting, and transition to new space are timely.
- Manages planning and field verification of medical equipment requirements as central point of contact between VAMC and USACE/construction contractor.
- Coordinates commissioning activities with VAMC. Participates in commissioning and resolution of issues identified.
- Schedules equipment training between VAMC users and USACE/contractor. Ensure VAMC attendance at training, and witness training provided by contractor to ensure quality.
- Transfers as-built drawings, spare parts, and O&M manuals with VAMC and document receipt.
- Performs daily Safety Inspection and Prepares Safety Inspection Reports.
- Leads CFM safety walks with safety and health personnel from VAMC, USACE, and construction contractor. Prepares and distributes documentation of CFM safety walks and ensure resolution of issued identified.
- Participates in safety walks and meetings by others.
- Reviews Infection Control Risk Analysis (ICRA), Pre-Construction Risk Analysis (PCRA), Interim Life Safety Measure (ILSM), and Water Infection Risk Analysis (WICRA) submissions from the construction contractor. Track open and upcoming documents and ensure timely VAMC review/approval.
- Manages hot work and confined space permit processes for construction work.
- Notes and documents daily conditions including environmental conditions that may impact construction safety and EPA and/or state environmental compliance and report findings to SRE or designated VA representative.
- Participates in Design Development to ensure documents are high quality, match planned scope, and reflect VA interests. Reviews VAMC input to determine applicability of design review comments.
- Attends USACE/Contractor meetings, including preparatory phase QC meetings and all weekly progress meetings.
- Reviews the testing/inspections reports submitted by the Contractor and provide approval/dis-approval recommendations to the SRE or designated VA representative.
- Maintains list(s) of observed defects and omissions. Prepare inspection punch lists and coordinate resolutions of punch list items.
- Attends 3D coordination meetings/calls and provide input on clash resolutions impacting function, access, maintainability, appearance, etc. and document outcomes.
- Replies to RFIs when necessary (for maintainability and healthcare concerns and for VAMC input). Review all RFIs and USACE responses to identify need for VA input.
- Reviews and replies to construction contractor submittals when necessary (for maintainability and healthcare concerns, and for VAMC input on finishes, furniture, medical equipment, etc.)
- Ensures installed work is consistent with approved submittals; make recommendations to the SRE or designated VA representative for final approval.
- Participates in pre-final (punchlist) and final inspection, and coordinate VAMC participation.
- Researches and provides Statement of Work (SOW) and Cost Estimate (IGE) for all Discretionary/User-Requested Changes.
- Reviews USACE construction changes that impact functionality, appearance, or maintainability; document changes caused by Differing Site Conditions and by Design Errors and Omissions.
- Observes work being completed by contractors and sub-contractors for proper installation and application of construction materials and reports findings daily to SRE or designated VA representative.
- Provides written feedback and recommendations to the Senior Resident Engineer or designated VA representative on all information reviewed and work inspected.
- Maintains accurate and complete files relating to the CM services on the project that the Government may inspect at any time.
- Utilizes computerized management system applications and construction contractors MIS system to access submittals, RFIs, and other documents.
- Submits daily reports indicating work completed, work in progress with estimated completion dates, work scheduled and outstanding work.
- Obtains Canandaigua VAMC construction key and mechanical/electrical room keys as necessary to access all work areas.
- A professional engineering license registration in New York and maintenance of same throughout tenure is preferred.
- 10 years’ experience practicing Electrical Engineering
- 5 years’ experience inspecting construction.
- · Must have experience reviewing design and construction plans against existing site conditions, in the resolution of unforeseen site and design conditions/problems and propose cost effective technical solutions, conducting inspections and inventories of such structures to identify and note deficiencies, problems, or the general physical condition of such structures.
- Must have knowledge of all aspects of commercial hospital electrical construction including but not limited to underground electrical installation, high and low voltage power distribution, emergency engine generators and transfer switches, grounding, lightning protection, lightning, and installation of special medical equipment, of low voltage systems including but not limited to fire alarm, telecommunication and data distribution, nurse call and code blue, motion intrusion detection, two-way radio, security management and access control, public address, master antenna TV, and HVAC direct digital controls, conveying systems including electric dumbwaiters and materials lifts, electric traction elevators, hydraulic elevators, pneumatic tube systems, and uniform dispensing equipment, electrical design and installation for specialized medical and laboratory equipment including but not limited to MRI, PET, CT, audiometric booths, fume hoods, and sterilization equipment, ability to provide cost estimates and take-offs for contract modifications, ability to determine compliance of workmanship, materials, equipment and installed work with contract requirements and industry standards, working knowledge and understanding of building, safety, and environmental codes, working knowledge of environmental, civil, safety, architectural and structural fields.
- Must have proficiency with construction/project management software such as Primavera, MS Project, and MS Office Suite MS Word and Excel with the ability to open and manipulate Primavera Project schedules and be able to use SharePoint websites for document management, sharing, and control.
- Proven people skills: ability to represent the interests of the government in a professional manner and ensure quality of work while maintaining good relationships with contractor as well as onsite staff.
- Management and coordination experience with overseeing multiple contractors with overlapping responsibilities and schedules to ensure all projects are successfully completed.
Placement and Staffing Agencies need not apply. The Arcanum Group is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. The Arcanum Group provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $91,411.00 - $114,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Canandaigua, NY 14424: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person