Engineering Team Lead (HVAC)
Daikin Comfort Technologies Manufacturing, L.P. is seeking a professional, experienced Lead Engineer located at our DTTP - Waller, TX location. The Engineering Team Lead position plans, organizes and leads high efficiency HVAC (INVERTER, Variable refrigerant Flow) new product developments from technical standpoint to improve overall long term system quality, improve efficiency and reduce costs. The individual will understand the customer requirements/ specifications and works directly with internal customer, supplier, and cross functional team members to meet voice of customers, internal design, quality and other program targets. Manages and coordinates all activities related to design, test and develop new high efficiency HVAC products such as splits systems outdoors, air-handlers and coils. Confers with management and production staff to determine the feasibility of new product developments. Provides technical expertise and support to engineering teams, internal business units and external customers.If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website http://careers.daikincomfort.com/ and submitting your resume.
Daikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of 4.23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman, Amana, and Daikin brands.
Why work with us?
- Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
- Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
- Growth Opportunities - there is immense opportunities to grow your career
- You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by Daikin Industries, Ltd.—an organization that brings opportunity to over 60,000 employees worldwide.
- Feel free to learn about the Company and it's brancds by visiting the career site http://careers.daikincomfort.com
- Manage multiple design projects (mix of existing product and new product development) from inception to production focusing on cost, quality, and safety and on time delivery targets.
- Develop and manage project schedules, teams and resources related to modification of existing product designs and new product development as applicable and develop aggressive yet realistic project deadlines.
- Participate and lead cross-functional teams to launch products, resolve issues, and support product improvements.
- Assume ownership for maintenance and updates for purchased part engineering drawings, standards, specifications, and work instructions.
- Define and implement continuous improvement opportunities, lean initiatives, and design for manufacturing (DFM) tools.
- Assist with product design by providing guidance based on technical knowledge and experience.
- Document product designs by preparing bills of materials, cost analyses, drawings, and engineering change requests (ECRs).
- Support agency certifications for both safety (UL, ETL) and performance (DOE, AHRI).
- Interface with regulatory agencies and test agencies such as ASHRAE, AHRI, UL and ETL
- Mentor team members to prepare them for greater responsibility within the organization.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or related.
- 10+ years of progressive HVAC industry or related experience (refrigeration, appliances) with product design, development and launch is required.
- 5 plus years of project management experience
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Waller, TX 77484: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- In your current or most recent position, how many people have you led?
- HVAC design: 8 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person