Location: Monroeville, PA
Job Title: Advanced Electrical / Computer Engineer
Career Level: Advanced / Senior
Status: Full Time
Job Code: 05PEEE / 06PEEE
Annual Salary Range: $82,488 - $127,032 / $93,336 - $144,672
- This position is a technical project engineering position responsible for leading the development of nuclear reactor and electric power distribution instrumentation and control systems and related devices and begins with system concept and continues through the end of system life.
- Specific job responsibilities include:
- Leading the preparation of system performance and test specifications
- Leading the efforts for verification and approval of supplier designs
- Engineering follow through manufacturing, test, and installation to ensure projects meet schedule and budget
- Providing technical oversight to ensure resolution of fielded equipment problems
- Extensive communications with customer and supplier personnel
- Mentoring and training
- Meaningful work and unique opportunities to support missions vital to the United States Navy and global security
- Top-notch, dedicated colleagues
- Generous pay and benefits with a stable organization
- Career advancement and professional development programs
- Work-life balance fostered through flexible work opportunities and wellness initiatives
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Greater than 4 years of professional experience with electrical instrumentation, control, and/or power conversion equipment
- Background should include experience in one or more of the following areas: electrical system design and integration; embedded system design; analog and or digital circuit design; solid-state power conversion
- Requires a security clearance, however all qualified candidates will be considered regardless of their current clearance status. The ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy security clearance is required.
- Knowledge of microprocessors, digital signal processors, complex logic devices (including VHDL), software, power semi-conductors, and electromechanical devices
- A proven track record of effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with agile developments
- Successful project management experience or training/certifications in project management
- Use of requirements management systems, development of design specifications, and familiarity with military specifications
- Creative problem-solving capabilities including implementation of methods to reduce project cost and schedule
Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is a project engineering organization supporting the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program. BPMI provides design, manufacturing, and supply chain management of the fabrication, testing, delivery, installation, and field support of nuclear power plant components installed in submarines and aircraft carriers. In addition, BPMI provides upgraded replacement components in support of refueling and overhaul activities, and aids in the ultimate storage and disposition of spent naval fuel. BPMI also delivers information technology and operational solutions to the Nuclear Navy, enabling them to fulfill their critical mission.
BPMI is a drug-free workplace. Candidates accepting a job offer will be required to pass a pre-placement drug screening and background investigation. As an employee, you may be required to receive and maintain a security clearance from the United States Department of Energy in order to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information or matter. U.S. citizenship is a requirement for security clearance applicants. All employees are subject to being randomly selected for drug testing without advance notification.
BPMI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, disability or veteran status.