Janicki Industries is an innovative, family-owned aerospace company located at the foot of the Cascades. We focus on engineering and manufacturing complex projects for companies in the aerospace, defense, and space industries. We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join our growing team.
Systems Engineers are responsible for procurement, testing, assembly, and qualification of aircraft system installation. This role is responsible for ensuring the successful completion of a project by leading the systems installation in a way that incorporates the Janicki Industries culture to progress the company towards higher efficiency while achieving the highest level of quality.
The following essential job functions are performed as a Systems Engineer:
- Responsible for all aspects of electric, hydraulic, pneumatic, and oxygen systems installation for an aircraft.
- Works to optimize processes to increase efficiency of installation, with the goal of optimizing workflow, processes, and capabilities.
- Provides technical support and assistance with the development and improvement of quality, cost, and technical issues of installation systems.
- Reviews and develops specifications and processes applicable to installation of aircraft systems
- Works with engineers and other personnel on continuous improvement projects as required, including improvement of assembly and testing of system.
- Trains other engineers and technicians on best practices for systems installation.
- Creates procedure documentation for organization, assembly, installation, and testing of components.
- Develops and executes high level and detailed project plans, including managing schedules and budgets.
- Performs quality control procedures to make sure that all systems are operational and meet the customer requirements.
- Confers with vendors to determine specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, equipment, and workspace requirements.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). Janicki will assist with gaining this access once employed. Special Access Program or other Government Access Requirements are mandatory for this position and requires candidate agreed to enter a Continuous Evaluation program.
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineer, or a related field is required. Education may be substituted with equivalent industry experience in manufacturing systems installation, aerospace, or industrial manufacturing
- Experience with aircraft systems installation is preferred
- A minimum of 2 years in a production or manufacturing environment is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Experience working with composites, in a lean manufacturing environment or working with complex aircraft assemblies is ideal
- Salary range for this role is between $68,000 and $145,000, plus discretionary bonus, 401(k) matching, vacation, and health benefits. Employees can also receive additional pay for off-shifts. The range provided is Janicki’s estimate of the base compensation for this role. Actual amount offered will be based on job-related and non-discriminatory factors such as experience, location, education, training, skills, and abilities.
Not sure that you’ll be the perfect fit for this role? You should still apply! We’ll review your application for other opportunities. We are always on the lookout for talented people!
Janicki Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Janicki Industries does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, veteran/military service status, or any other legally protected status.
Applicants or employees wishing to view a copy of Janicki Industries’ Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (360) 404-1997.