If you work at NTS, you’ll want to tell everyone you know about your new role. Why? We might be the coolest company on the planet. And part of that is because we can simulate any condition on earth—and beyond. You read that correctly. We can generate 2.4 million volts of lightning inside the lab. We can simulate earthquakes and hurricane force wind. And oh yeah, we work with NASA to replicate conditions in space. Established in 1961, we’ve been part of every major space program for decades. But that’s not all. We test everything from electromagnetic interference to explosive devices. With this rare level of expertise across numerous laboratories, we serve a variety of industries, including aerospace, defense, space, telecom, IoT, automotive, and more. When you work at NTS, you’re working with some of the brightest technical minds in the world—and you get to tell your friends that your work is critical to national security, space exploration, and the next generation of technology-driven products.
Design and oversee Fluids tests and captures the resulting data. Fluids: The branch of mechanics that deals with pressure and flow testing of various test media, including fuels, oils, air, water and cryogenics.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Test Design - Use Engineering principles to design test procedures and specifications based on Customer SOWs and Test Standards
- Perform Testing - Provide SME support to Technicians as tests are conducted. Ensure that all necessary data is captured. May also run tests themselves
- Data Processing - After test completion, review and interpret test data. Communicate findings to Program Manager and/or client
- Other - Perform other duties as assigned
- Receives general instruction on routine work and detailed instruction on new projects. Minimal supervision
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Regular interaction with clients. Builds productive internal/external working relationships
- Full understanding, interpretation and analysis of test results
- Strong understanding of Engineering principles; strong understanding of data interpretation, testing and troubleshooting. Comprehensive knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical principles; comprehensive knowledge of all potential aspects of safety
- Strong mathematical skills; able to design and use all standard and complex testing equipment
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Engineering
- 3-6 Years of experience
Test lab with exposure to sudden, loud noises
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
EEO POLICY STATEMENT:
It is the policy of NTS to offer Equal Employment Opportunity to all individuals without regards to race, creed, ancestry, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, physical disabilities, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V